“Fabulous cozy room!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of CityCenter Bed and Breakfast Amsterdam

We can't find prices for this accommodation
CityCenter Bed and Breakfast Amsterdam
Sint Jacobsstraat 21, 1012 NC Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Dam Square)   |
Offers & Announcements
Only 105 € with breakfast
Ranked #12 of 304 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Menlo Park, California
“Fabulous cozy room!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

We LOVED our stay at this adorable Bed and Breakfast! The room was comfortable, cozy, nicely decorated, and simply perfect! We slept happily in the very comfortable bed, and enjoyed the great shower and very clean and spacious bathroom. The breakfast that was delivered each morning was beautifully presented and delicious (and there was plenty of food!). Our host was kind and helpful, and we can't wait to go back to this perfect little spot!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

296 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
South Bend, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

My wife, her daughter and husband stayed just one night, that was mistake, should have stayed longer. Perfect place to be to see the city, Camillo was the perfect host gave us good tips where to go and enjoy the Amsterdam experience without breaking the bank. Our next trip will be a repeat only longer. A great host and great breakfast and presentation, quaint and cozy, fires up the romantic in every one.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

My partner and I stayed here in January 2014. Long story short, it was INCREDIBLE. We wanted to stay somewhere near the CityCenter that was 1) affordable 2) not a party hostel 3) romantic and comfortable. This place met those criteria with flying colors.

Camillo was an incredibly welcoming host. He sat us down when we arrived, took out a map of Amsterdam, pointed out all the great places to visit, and answered all the questions we had.

Breakfast was delicious and private. Camillo asks you when you'd like breakfast (8-10am), knocks on your door at the time, bring the food in, then leaves you to enjoy the meal.

The room is comfortable and unique. It's shocking how quickly it felt like "home" ... we would have stayed there a week if we could have. The bathroom was spacious and the shower was very refreshing.

As you can tell by now, I strongly encourage you to consider staying here if you're visiting Amsterdam.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hamburg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

What a great place to stay. The b&b lies in the heart of Amsterdam. Our room was very cude, the bed big and comfortable and the breakfast was always delicious and lovely prepared. When i am back in Amsterdam i definitely know where to stay!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

Camillo provides everything you want or need in an in-house tour guide and host. The rooms were perfect, warm, comfortable and were completed with personal touches like fresh roses. The breakfast was incredible, with everything from pastries to meat and cheeses which filled us for the majority of the day. Thoroughly recommend this place to anyone, especially novices to amsterdam as it was directly in the heart if everything. Thank you, we hope to use your wonderful BnB again!
Emma and Nick x

• Stayed January 2013
Saratoga, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Just like all the other reviews, I, too, had a wonderful time staying at CityCenter B&B. I arrived early in the morning and Camillo let me drop off my bag before the normal check in time. He even carried it up those tiny stairs for me. Then he sat me down with a map and gave me helpful information to explore Amsterdam. After giving me a restaurant recommendation, Camillo went outside (in the cold weather) to point me in the correct direction before I went off. I really appreciated that.

The B&B itself was lovely--a cozy retreat in the chilly city. The location was ideal and an easy jumping off point to explore. I actually ended up walking to most of the major locations right from the B&B. The city is actually great for walking, even though the tram system is there too. Each time I came back to the B&B, I felt like I was going back to my own apartment. That is how cozy the place is. On top of that it was clean and well cared for. The room had little details like bathrobes, DVD's, books, teas/coffees, chocolates, etc. Like all the other reviews, the breakfast that Camillo makes is just perfect! The presentation and taste made my mornings wonderful.

CityCenter B&B met all of my expectations. I avoid standard hotels and like to stay in places that have a personal touch. I feel like I am getting more of a local experience, rather than a tourist experience that way. Plus, being a solo travel, it is comforting to have those personal touches. CityCenter B&B was the perfect place for me--I fully recommend it!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Haifa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Almost everything written in other reviews is true.
The place is very central yet very quiet.
The rooms (we had leased the two of them) were very nice and with everything one needs. Also the bathroom, spacious with everything you need.
All very clean and well maintained. (the stairs a bit noisy - an old typical Amsterdam building).
The owner, Camillo, very nice and attentive. He helped us with our 4 suitcases when we arrived and left. He sat down with us to tell us about places of interest in Amsterdam. We thought we had lost a key and without any problem he went and made a copy (no charge ... something unusual in hotels/B&Bs).
And last: Breakfast. You can not expect anything better. The quantity, quality and variety are unusual, and in the presentation you can feel the touch of Camillo.
One important thing: I think that if the people of the two room do not know each other, it would be a little difficult the issue of a common bathroom.
In any case, I would give Camillo's B&B a note: 110%

Room Tip: The double room is a bit bigger than the twin room.