“Great hospitality” 5 of 5 stars
Review of CityCenter Bed and Breakfast Amsterdam

We can't find prices for this accommodation
CityCenter Bed and Breakfast Amsterdam
Sint Jacobsstraat 21, 1012 NC Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Dam Square)   |
Offers & Announcements
Only 105 € with breakfast
Ranked #12 of 304 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Whitehorse, Canada
“Great hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Quiet and comfortable room. Very clean and modern bathroom coming with useful items like bathrobe and hairdryer. Camillo gave us lots of info about Amsterdam and the B&B area. Tasty and plentiful breakfast; very good coffee coming with steamed milk if you want a latte. Walking distance from Centraal Station. Cannot ask for more!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

296 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Bradford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

This place was just 5 minutes from Central Station in Amsterdam and so easy to find. Just an amazing place up some stairs to enter this attic room decorated in the most amazing style. It was so comfortable with all those extras that make a place move up the scale. The free WiFi had just an amazing password that made me realise the owner really wanted to make this place enjoyable to stay in. The breakfast was out of this world with the fruit displayed in a very attractive way and so much to eat if you could! The owner was always so helpful; there was nothing he wouldn't do. i also found the web site full of excellent advice and provided links to all that is worth seeing in Amsterdam. The location at the price was first rate....so easy to get everywhere.

Room Tip: Both rooms are first rate
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Zürich
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We choose this B&B thanks to its central location, as we were travelling by train. It has only 2 rooms upstairs, with a shared bathroom. Our room was tiny, but I hear this is common in Amsterdam. It was clean and the bed ok. The breakfast, served in the room, was really excellent.
Camillo was very helpful with our luggage. We had 2 big suitcases and 2 small bags, and the staircase is very narrow. He also gave us useful information about what to do in the city, depending on the length of our stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I cannot say enough about how enjoyable our stay was. This is the real deal - location that is at a walking distance from many points of attraction and great restaurants; lovely rooms; very helpful inn manager, the best breakfast (served in the room). I will definitely stay there again and again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Camillo is a great host for City Center Bed and Breakfast. I stayed three nights and found the B&B very conveniently located to Central Station and Camillo answered any and all questions I had.

The room was clean and cheerful, with a large bed and a small table where the breakfast is served (there is no common sitting area for guests.) The WiFi worked well so I could check my email. I don't drink coffee or tea, but they were provided in the room if I wanted them.

The first night I stayed was a Saturday, so for my Sunday breakfast I was given a coupon for a restaurant across the street where I could get anything on the menu. The following morning I was treated to a totally delicious home cooked breakfast in my room with much more than I could actually eat (since I was just one person!)

I'd recommend this B&B for travelers who are looking for a central location in Amsterdam, easily within reach of any tram, and a great host.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Spent five nights with my daughter here. It's one of the best B&B's I have stayed in. Camillo is a wonderful host, with fabulous tips and suggestions. It's location is perfect within the city. It's safe ,clean, and very quaint. Each morning you rise to an amazing breakfast, which we looked forward too. And you are given thick plush robes to wrap yourself in after your showers. So cozy! Don't let anyone scare you about the stairs, it adds to the character and Camillo carries your bags up, so there is no worries. I have stayed in many B&B's and Ian fussy. I highly recommend this spot and I will be back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Whidbey Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Camillo is a wonderful host and cook! When we first arrived, he gave us a map and marked walking routes for us and pointed out places we might want to visit. When the tickets for the Keukenhof were sold out from the company he usually uses for the day we wanted to go, he actually walked with us to another company and got the tickets for us. Above and beyond. We also loved the breakfasts. We were there for three nights and each breakfast was a little different, but beautifully presented. Tom really loved the pancakes! The location is perfect, just minutes away from great restaurants and coffee houses and the Dam Square, but surprisingly quiet. Don't let the steps scare you - Camillo helped us with our luggage and we found the steps well worth the effort.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to CityCenter Bed and Breakfast Amsterdam? Share your experiences!