“Pleasently Surprised” 5 of 5 stars
Review of citizenM Amsterdam

Save Saved
You added citizenM Amsterdam to your Saves list
citizenM Amsterdam
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Prinses Irenestraat 30, 1077WX Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Announcement
Become a citizen!
Ranked #34 of 345 hotels in Amsterdam
Seattle, Washington
“Pleasently Surprised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

When I first got to my room I was thrown off by the configuration of the toilet/shower and bed. There isn't much to the rooms, and I described them to my friends back home as bathrooms with a bed at one end. The bed however, was extremely comfortable, and by the end of my weeklong stay I really liked the shower. The rooms are small and without a place to really sit in the room, everyone seems to spend most of their time in the shared living rooms spaces in the lobby. These were divided up into several areas.
Not a great place for a family to stay I imagine since there is only one bed and not much space in the actual rooms. Also, the shower is in the middle of the room so if you have someone else staying with you they will be able to watch.
Access to the tram was also very easy and I had no problems getting to or from the city center at any time.
Staff was extremely friendly and knowledgeable - they make great drinks and are very accommodating. All of the food was also very good. A very good experience.
The only thing that I missed was a gym. I wish that there had been a gym or fitness facility on site.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

2,649 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sant Climent de Llobregat, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

The hotel's location relative to public transport is superb. Everything is very new and very clean. It may surprise the situation of the shower and toilet in the room, but the other qualities of the hotel contract staff, cleanliness and design-make them unimportant.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I was in Amsterdam for two days over King's Day weekend and you absolutely get your money's worth. The rooms are clean and nice showers, bed and TV. Everything comes with the price to your room so you don't have to pay extra to watch TV channels etc.

The staff were also extremely friendly, approachable and friendly. I arrived from a 23 hour fliht from Sydney and the staff immediately made me feel at home the moment I checked in until the moment I checked out two days later.

An absolute gem this hotel is.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

That was one the most interesting places I stayed at, really different from many other hotels I've seen. Well, first if all, books - albums that you can find in the hotel. Stop and check them out whenever you see one, lots of cool pics! Some are naked. Service was good or very good, but nothing memorable really. Bed,,,,,oh that bed,,,,,,omg, just go sleep on it. At least one night, it's huge, no , it's enormous, so white, feels fresh, made me feel myself very special. Also, the hotel is close to the business center I went to every day, very convenient in terms of transportation. Toilet & bathroom- I loved both. Wish I took my boyfriend with me)) This hotel is not a super cozy place, but I have no complaints at all. A very sexy place, btw.

• Stayed July 2013
tyneside uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

My husband & I stayed here for 2 nights recently. We were very impressed with the modern & clean room. Everything has been well thought of. Everything in the room has a purpose, it all works perfectly. Id go back in a heartbeat. Its only a couple of minutes away from the number 5 tram that takes you right into the town centre. Very highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2014
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Having stayed in citizenM Glasgow a couple of times I knew what to expect and that I would enjoy my stay here. The design is very similar, carpets and furnishings identical, with the same great, compact rooms and the massive, wonderful beds ! The staff are just as friendly and helpful, sorting us out with tram cards and directions etc ( we declined the offer of bicycles due to the shocking weather last weekend ). The hotel is in a quiet residential suburb very near the Amsterdam Zuid station, so dead easy to get to from the Airport, and tram number 5 stops just outside so getting into the centre is no problem at all. Love Amsterdam and will make this my place to stay the next time I visit.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Stayed here whilst attending a conference at the next-door Rai.Stayed for 4 nights and had my girlfriend join me for the last two.

Location is good for local businesses, Rai and 5 minutes from the train station (one stop to the airport) or tram (no 5 into town).

Foyer is cool. Bar is cool. Breakfast is pretty good. Staff are generally young, friendly and helpful.

The room is different though. It is thin and small and there is no formal division between the bathroom area (which is where you enter the room) and the sleeping area and desk. The bed is the width of the room and large enough to sleep 4 or 5. That may be the aim given the picture opposite the lift on the ground floor (adults only).

I would stay again if me only but not with my girlfriend as well. Maybe I'm just a prude though.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Been to citizenM Amsterdam? Share your experiences!