“Trendy and comfortable hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of citizenM Amsterdam

You added citizenM Amsterdam to your Saves list
citizenM Amsterdam
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Prinses Irenestraat 30, 1077WX Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Special Price
15% off room rate
Ranked #37 of 346 Hotels in Amsterdam
“Trendy and comfortable hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights in August 2013, before heading to Brussels for another 3. We really enjoyed the stay - the rooms were trendy, practical but chic, and , as many others have said, perfect for a couple or single traveller. I found that there was plenty of storage space in our room, theres a HUGE drawer under the bed for clothing and bags, as well as some hangers behind the door. The lights in the room were cool - and we were like little kids playing around with it. The living areas were very nice and the staff were friendly.
I think the only thing that would put some people off - and one day completely wore us out, was the location. We ALWAYS walk wherever we go as we think we see more, and rarely take public transport. (We did once and it was really stuffy and uncomfortable due to the time of the year, I'm sure its better in the colder months),but when we walked to the centre and back 3 times in one day we were exhausted by the end! We also found it a little difficult to find places to eat other than Wagamamas nearby, and we would have liked recommendations from the staff, but we were recommended their meals lol, which were convenient and actually quite nice.
We would stay here again, but use public transport! I hope more of these affordable, trendy hotels open up in more locations, we are holding off our New York trip until their 2 hotels are completed so we can stay there!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (428)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Hip, modern and futuristic. Not like a typical hotel room but feels more like a cabin room in a cruise ship (small and compact).

Big and comfortable bed with good pillows.

Toilet and shower was too open. Not suitable if you are travelling with children or friends.

No drinking water / kettle provided in the room.

Breakfast options limited not value for money.

Location is excellent! Close to train station and tram stop.

• Stayed December 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

For our trip to Europe, we started in Amsterdam and although we only had one and a half day this was the perfect hotel to connect with other cities. At 100m walking distance from the airport, and the same distance to get another flight, train, tram, or bus later or the next day!

The man receiving us in the lobby was extremely friendly and the rooms very small, but so inetresting, modern, view on the planes from your bed, shower in the middle of the room with led lights, unique!

Would go here again for one or max two nights, good value!

Room Tip: All rooms are great
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Campinas, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Hello,
CitizenM is not a convencional hotel - it is The Hotel.
I could catch the idea of being a world citizen instead being one number.
The CitizenM Amsterdam Team are just awsome, the atmosphere is something that you cannot see in anyplace.
The Wi-Fi, the accomodations, the meals, the people.
Thanks everyone on CitizinM Amsterdam for make me so welcome and part of na unique world.
Cheers,
Jefte Villar - from Campinas, Brazil

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

This hotel near ftom tram and metro and wtc building. Its easy to find this hotel.When me, myson and husb arriving this hotel first time in my mind this hotel so cozy and modern. After I see the room im so surprice about why after I open the door I see shower and toilet infront of me. This time I experience hotel like this. Im not comfrt when I must go to shower I scared mylil son will see me. But the staff was nice and cooperative. Maybe I will back to this hotel only when I go alone or just with my husband

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

At first glance I thought the hotel was "very cool" with the futuristic design of the bedroom but as the minutes went by the first impression was replaced by annoyance. Some "cute" touches such as the stuffed toy, funny messages written on walls and toiletries and the light colour selector. Still, not nearly close to offset the list of negatives and motivate me to repeat the stay.

Negatives include:
- having crawl into bed from the bottom of it
- the lack of bedside tables or a convenient plug to charge the phone or other device and still easily reach it from bed (i.e. had to jump up in the morning to switch off alarm clock - not a nice start of the day)
- very poor choice of breakfast - nothing warm or suitable to make a sandwich other than cheese
- no body lotion / hair conditioner

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

I enjoyed this hôtel in the city center of Amsterdam. Staff very sympatic and helpfull. The only critic is about the size of the rooms that are very small, but also modern and design.
Hôtel well situated : 6 min from the AirPort in train and 20 min in tram (Line 5) for the center.

• Stayed December 2013

Been to citizenM Amsterdam? Share your experiences!