I had a layover from my flight from Zuerich to San Francisco at Shipol / Amsterdam.
I booked a Hotel (citizenM) online.
I expected not so much, because it was kind of cheap.
Out of the airport I thought I have to take a shuttle to the hotel, but I could not find one ... then I looked around if I could see the hotel and YES in walking distance ... just right of the airport (looking away from the airport).
It is a 4min walk ... a self check-in and when you go to the room, it looks like a Kaserne, room and room ... but great colours. I was super-surprised of the room and the design.
Super compfy, the bed at the end of the room is a platform (a little bit higher then expected) and I think harder to get on, if you have knee problems, or if you can not move that good anymore.
But great room, with unique washroom and shower glassrooms :-)
If I have a layover ever again ... my first choice
- Also Known As:
- Citizenm Amsterdam City Hotel Amsterdam
- Citizenm Amsterdam City Hotel
- Citizenm Hotel Amsterdam
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Central Amsterdam on Beethovenstraat this hip Netherlands hotel offers affordable luxury for budget travelers, lodging near museums, free Wi-Fi, movies on demand, and 24/7 on-site dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelsNL, EasyToBook, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your citizenM Amsterdam City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.