Although a bit out of the central tourist area it was really easy to get around with a tram stop right next to the hotel and the Zuid train station a 5 minute walk away.
The hotel itself is fun and vibrant. There were always guests in the lobby chatting, having a drink or using the computers. The rooms are quirky and fun with the bathroom capsules and huge wall-to-wall bed. While the high-tech room is a nice idea, the functionality left something to be desired. All the room functions are controlled by a smart remote...the one in my room was not so smart and insisted on rebooting after every use so it took a few minutes to load each time I wanted to change a TV channel or open the blinds. Frustrating, but hardly a deal breaker.
I thought the food/meal prices in the hotel lobby were a bit pricey so I ate elsewhere. There's a convenience store near the Zuid station and a few restaurants there too.
All in all a good choice and decent value for money.
- Also Known As:
- Citizenm Amsterdam City Hotel Amsterdam
- Citizenm Amsterdam City Hotel
- Citizenm Hotel Amsterdam
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Central Amsterdam on Beethovenstraat this hip Netherlands hotel offers affordable luxury for budget travelers, lodging near museums, free Wi-Fi, movies on demand, and 24/7 on-site dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelsNL, EasyToBook, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your citizenM Amsterdam City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.