I always shy away from 'hip' hotels. They can be too cool, and too click and unless you are a filmstar, you can end up feeling a bit crap. But that's not what happens at citizen M. I love the rooms - they're all teh same size and layout so you never feel lie someone else is getting a better deal. The bed was so comfortable and the prixe was the same as an average B&B. The lobby was great - it really worked as a place where you could read, work, watch TV or have a drink. And the 'self check in' that is actually manned at all times by efficient and cheery staff is a clever way of making you feel like you're in charge fo your stay - and not the hotel. be warned though - Citizen M are masters at upselling - and before long you'll be ordering cocktails at all hours from the well-wtocked bar/shop/cafe area.
This is a 30 min walk, or 5 mins tram ride from the center of town, but the walk is pretty so you don't feel too out of things.
- Also Known As:
- Citizenm Amsterdam City Hotel Amsterdam
- Citizenm Amsterdam City Hotel
- Citizenm Hotel Amsterdam
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Central Amsterdam on Beethovenstraat this hip Netherlands hotel offers affordable luxury for budget travelers, lodging near museums, free Wi-Fi, movies on demand, and 24/7 on-site dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, EasyToBook, HotelsNL, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your citizenM Amsterdam City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.