So, it all started on the 6th of August, when we arrived in CitizenM. The girl at reception desk was extremely kind and helpful, so procedure of check-in was easy and fast. As we arrived on the day, when gay parade was, the receptionist said they offered welcome drinks that day because of this event. As there was only 1 drink ready, and we were a couple, they asked us to come back later to enjoy our drinks. The welcome drink was very delicious -fruity, sweet and light. Next morning we went to the canteen. We were really surprised by wide range of coffee offered (capuccino, espresso, etc. They had even hot chocolate milk, and range of tea was also impressive.). As in our country we usually drink black coffee adding a bit milk to it, we offered two Americano coffees and asked if we may get a bit of milk. Barista asked, if we wanted hot or cold milk! I have never experienced such a care for customer in other hotels! Canteen works 24/7; although we didn't choose breakfast (we don't like continental breakfast very much), there was wide range of sandwiches to buy in the morning, and if you want, they can warm it up. Hot ham and cheese sandwiches were great for breakfast. Room was nice, and room-service was made every day. Minus is that they didn't have wardrobe in the room, but hangers near the door was enough for us. Idea of having personal safe in the room to lock your valuables in, while you are away, is perfect! The staff was extremely friendly, asking in the evening how our day was, and what we've seen. It was possible to get Heineken extra cold in the canteen, and cocktails (Mojito was very delicious, and cocktails with Martini as well). The style of hotel-modern and interesting. Although the hotel is located in South Amsterdam, it is possible to reach the centre of the city in 10-15 minutes by train Nr. 5, as tram stop is located just round the corner. 1-hour ticket costs 2.60EUR, but we bought city card (I amsterdam), and it included public transport card for 72 hours.
In total, we really enjoyed staying in CitizenM, and on the way home we decided - if we come to Amsterdam again, we will definitely stay at CitizenM.
- Also Known As:
- Citizenm Amsterdam City Hotel Amsterdam
- Citizenm Amsterdam City Hotel
- Citizenm Hotel Amsterdam
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Central Amsterdam on Beethovenstraat this hip Netherlands hotel offers affordable luxury for budget travelers, lodging near museums, free Wi-Fi, movies on demand, and 24/7 on-site dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, HotelsNL, EasyToBook, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your citizenM Amsterdam City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.