“Enjoyable Evening” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Colina

La Colina
Nieuwezijds Kolk 9, 1012 PV Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Dam Square)
31 20 6247015‎
Neighborhood: Dam Square
Woking, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable Evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

We chose this Argentinian Steak House as it was close to our hotel and on a cold, damp evening did not want to wander far. Was met by the owner who was friendly and inviting.

This is a small restaurant but the menu is quite varied, we ordered the rib eye and sirloin, both medium. The steaks arrived more medium rare so I would suggest if you normally order medium but prefer less red meat then order medium well. Even so, the steaks were very good quality and tasty. The recommended wine was very good and they had Peroni in bottles.

We had an extremely relaxed evening, not rushed at all and the food was pretty good.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

59% Recommend
“Not the best food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

The place itself looks lovely, very quaint with a nice ambience.
Food was terrible. I ordered a starter of smoked salmon with capers but it arrived with no capers, just salmon and salad.
For the main, I ordered a mixed fish tagliatelle. The bits of seafood were over cooked with the prawns and scallops looking extremely small.
Then for dessert I ordered the eclairs. I was given a bowl of chocolate ice cream. When I questioned this with the waitress I was told that this was the eclairs!!!

Visited November 2013
Chicago, IL
“Served the Purpose”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

This restaurant has two sections, an Italian side and a Steak House. I ate at both of them, and in fact was served by the same person both times. On the Italian side a Had the Lasagna ww béchamel. It was more of a fondue with pasta and much too salty for my taste. The pizzas looked good and I had wished that I had ordered one of those.

Several evenings later, I returned to the steak house side and had the Chicken La Colina which was delicious. A char broiled chicken breast which was not overdone, and smothered with bell peppers and onions. Fries and salad were on the side which were ok.

I would return here but avoid the Lasagna. Service was very attentive.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
VA, USA
“Dinner at La Colina”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

A damp night and getting late for me as I came across this place and was hustled in by the tout standing outside. Except for a couple of yound loves I was the only customer. Ordered the mushroom soup(4.40 EU), pasta 'Arrabbiata(7.50), and a beer(3 EU). The pasta was great, the soup OK, and the beer cold.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“A good, reliable restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

I've been to this restaurant several times over the years, and it has always been a pleasure to go there. The food can be a bit basic, but the steaks are generally good.

• Visited September 2013