“Very good food let down by service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #124 of 2,333 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Sandwiches
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
“Very good food let down by service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

We had breakfast here and sat outside by the canal. Food was very good... but it took them 3 attempts to get the order right. We also asked for extra cream for the coffee which never arrived.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

We were lucky enough to get a table here at around 12pm. Service was slow but it wasn't surprising at how busy it was. It was definitely worth the wait. It was the most enjoyable meal we ate whilst in Amsterdam. Simple ingredients executed perfectly. My partner had the BLT sandwich which was a triple decker monster. She said it was the best sandwich she had ever tasted. And I had from the oven: on famers corn bread, farmers cheese, ham, tomatoes, honey mustard, chives, jalapeños (I]f I remember correctly) It was absolutely delicious. Such simple ingredients incorporated together to make such a splendid meal. My only regret is not going back a second time on our trip. A really enjoyable experience overall. Coffee was very good, cookies were lovely. Waitress was very smiley and happy. Prices very reasonable. Cannot wait to come back on our next trip to Amsterdam

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Adrie Y, Co-Owner at Eetcafe Singel 404, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Wow!
What a nice review, thank you so much for taking the time to write it down, it means a lot to us,
Rome, Italy
“Simply the Best!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Oh the majesty of Singel 404, combining simple ingredients to make a work of art that would give Van Gogh a run for is money. This sandwich shop was on my list of 'must go's' from the very beginning, and it didn't disappoint! In fact, I think I left my jaw on the table in Amsterdam after seeing the beauty that was my bacon, walnut, brie, honey and garden cress sandwich. Words cannot describe the magnificence of these culinary delights! My recommendation? Go to Singel 404 and never leave!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Adrie Y, at Eetcafe Singel 404, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Wow,what a nice review, thank you so much
London
“Great sandwiches”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

This place was recommended on the Guardian's where to eat in Amsterdam and it did not disappoint. We popped in for lunch (party of 4) and having spied the size of the sandwiches on the other tables we ordered 3 and they were sufficient. The warm ham was excellent as was was the chicken club. Staff were very friendly although the service was a little laid back. But hey this Amsterdam you know....

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Adrie Y, Co Owner at Eetcafe Singel 404, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
What a compliment, thank you,
london
“Giant sandwiches!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

What a lovely little lunch place. I did come here looking for a salad, alas they only did sandwiches, but I was full up for the rest of the day which saved on buying dinner.

Service was slightly chaotic, which is why I took off a point. We were left hanging about at the door for about 10 mins behind some other quite bewildered looking tourists. Once were were sat down though service was pretty quick.

Tuna melt was delicious, I loved the addition of the tangy jalapenos. And my boyfriend has never looked so happy to be eating a club sandwich (absolutely huge and packed with ingredients!). Every panini /foccacia / sandwich that went past us looked so appetising. Very good value for money.

• Visited January 2014
Adrie Y, at Eetcafe Singel 404, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
best regards, from Amsterdam to London!