“Company night out” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Nevy

Nevy
Westerdoksdijk 40, 1013 AE Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Centrum)
Improve this listing
Neighborhood: Centrum
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Company night out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

We were here on a large business occasion with all of our European offices and some distributors. The menu was set for us, but overall the quality was good, the meat particularly was cooked just right and very tender to the bite, they continuously replenished the bread basket, helped us with a abundant quantity of red and white wine and the dessert was also very tasty. The service was efficient, professional and courteous. Overall a good night out and I would recommend it for similar function.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Turkish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“They could not be bothered to serve coffee or collect the bill...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Eaten at Nevy a few times (probably 4 or 5). I cannot deny it's a fantastic view, right on the water and you can spend a lovely lunch or evening here. The fish and chips is recommended.

But I think I had my last trip there. Service has never been speedy, but this last time I was completely fed up. We were underserved - and waited an hour for food. After eating, we would have enjoyed more wine, or perhaps a coffee. But the waiter, who stood chatting for more than 20 minutes to a couple behind us almost studiously ignored us. In the end, I got up to go, asking to the waiting staff in general if they'd like to give me the bill, but no one came. I stood by the till. No one bothered to come. After about 10 mins i walked out slowly to unlock my bike and tried once more to pay, which I eventually was allowed to. I eat out a lot, and I can count on fingers of one hand the times I've not tipped: This was one of those times.

Sorry guys, but I'm not coming back. I know you've had some bad luck with the ongoing road-building work, but I think your service should be able to overcome that.

Visited August 2013
“A nice romantic atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

It is located on the Amstel with a beautiful view. The outside seating area is romantically lit with candles in the evening. We were a group of about 20 people. The inside of restaurant had a simple but very well kept decore. Food was nice with a variety ranging from steaks to seafood. Service was quick. The only negative thing i could say really was the fact that when ordering steak no one asked how we would like it cooked. I'm not used to eating rare cooked steak. And when we asked if it could be cooked for longer, it was taken and returned again in a still undercooked state. Dessert was very nice.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa
“Really lovely”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

We went to Nevy for lunch during Restaurant Week, and it was really nice. It was a breezy sunny day, and the view was just gorgeous. The service was attentive and friendly, and one of the servers (the chef, I believe) explained our courses as they came. Our (main) server was also very good at refilling our (tap) water, and kindly accommodated three changes in tables (too sunny, too breezy, just right). The food, especially the salad with marinated salmon and the dessert with fresh ice cream, was excellent. We enjoyed every bite, the service, and the atmosphere, immensely. We'd definitely go back.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tunis, Tunisia
“Very nice ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

The service is very good... didn't wait long, on the contrary of what I saw in other reviews.. the food is very nice... did not have any sea food... just meat... but well cooked fresh...