“Great food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Greenwoods

Greenwoods
Singel 103 | 1012 VG, Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Dam Square)
020-6237071
Neighborhood: Dam Square
Wrexham
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

We visited Amsterdam over New Years.. so everywhere was very busy. There were queues out the door (but the cafe was really small so we couldn't fault the place for being so busy) .. after tasting the food it was worth the wait.

There were plenty of seats outside to wait and the waitresses offered tea to keep warm while waiting.. We waited for 5/10 minutes and a waitress came out to tell us that there were 2 seats available inside. We ordered 2 full English breakfasts (with a choice of how we'd like our eggs and what toast we'd prefer) and tea. The food arrived quickly considering how busy the place was. It was absolutely lovely, everything was cooked to perfection and reasonably priced. The service was great. Would definitely recommend this place.

Can't believe the last review faulting the place for being so busy.. as I'm pretty sure the owner wasn't best pleased that they couldn't seat everyone inside and were therefore loosing money. Anybody that saw people sitting outside would assume that it was a queue... We chose to wait as anywhere with queues out the door like that was definitely worth a try and I'm glad we did.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

93% Recommend
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cardiff, Wales
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Delicious food, lovely friendly service, highly recommended. You may have to wait for a seat but it's worth it.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Lovely”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Perfect atmosphere of a cafe that could be perfect in Amsterdam as well as in Paris as well as in Prague. The staff is great, nice and quick. I did really enjoy the incredible food.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“You know it's great when people wait outside in the cold before it's open!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

2 friends and I were in Amsterdam for a week around NYE time. After reading the other reviews on TripAdvisor I knew it was mandatory to visit. I'm glad others mentioned that we should get there on time for the opening if eating for breakfast, because sure enough, there were enough people there to fill the restaurant before it even opened. Even though the restaurant was filled, there were seats outside which had blankets on the back of the chairs for patrons willing to brave the cold morning to eat there! My two friends had a special omelette with spinach and different cheeses, while I had a veggie omelette. Needless to say, everyone cleaned their plates. However, I wish I had gotten the homemade soda bread that came with my friend's orders! If plain toast comes with your meal, I suggest asking for the soda bread instead!!!! We also had some scones and clotted cream, which were equally amazing (probably the best I've tasted). If you're a tea drinker, definitely order a pot of any of the teas they may have at the moment. Definitely which I had the time to visit again!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Delicious start to the day...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Decided to try our Greenwoods after searching Tripadvisor and reading the positive reviews. We were first in the door for breakfast so no wait for a table, just for the staff to finish their coffee before menu arrived, order taken, drinks on the table and then a delicious breakfast delivered. There was not one crumb left on a plate - every order was cooked to perfection, from the reasonable portion of Full English, to the light, fluffy and tasty scrambled eggs. Fresh juice was all natural and the coffees were great too.

If you are in the area and looking for somewhere for breakfast, we highly recommend and Greenwoods won't disappoint in terms of taste and quality. Now the tough decision - go back tomorrow again or try somewhere else? Hopefully either choice delivers another delicious start to the day.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere