“Great dinner, last night of vacation.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bussia

Bussia
Reestraat 28-32, 1016DN Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Jordaan)
+31(0)20 6278794
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Jordaan
Canada
“Great dinner, last night of vacation.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

We reserved this restaurant on the basis of trip advisor reviews and were not disappointed. My husband had the 4 course menu - I ordered a la carte and had a main and a dessert. All of our food was amazing, as was the wine. I had the fish of the day (turbot), which was perfectly prepared. Even the breadsticks were awesome.

The apricot soufflé for dessert is not to be missed. You do need to wait a bit, but it is worth the wait.

I see another reviewer said that their meal was late, and not as ordered - if anything I felt we were a little rushed but really it was fine. We saw other diners taking more time - though one table had more people and more courses so of course that is understandable. Our server was quite attentive and all dishes arrived as requested. She also did ask about food allergies (not an issue for us, so not a problem but I do appreciate that the question was asked).

We were seated upstairs, and it did get a little loud as happy conversations from downstairs tended to drift upstairs so it was difficult for the two of us to chat. That would be my only negative comment.

Our servers were appropriately friendly and attentive. I could watch the kitchen from my seat, and could see the care taken with every dish.

The food was incredible and this was a lovely way to end our vacation.

Oh - I should mention perhaps that I booked online. They would not confirm until I gave them a mobile number; then in the afternoon they called to confirm, left a message and asked that I call them back.

Visited June 2014

London, United Kingdom
“A very cool experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

A great find in Amsterdam! Very tasty food, great value, lovely ambience.
We were greeted by Nathalie, the restaurant owner, who ensured that we had a wonderful experience in the restaurant. So very friendly.
This was a 5* meal with 5* service. I will definitely be re-visiting on my next trip.

• Visited May 2014
Singapore, Singapore
“heavenly experience for all senses!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

It was one of top 5 restaurant's diners I have ever had. I went for a chef testing menu (4 dishes) and everything, absolutely everything, was delicious. furthermore, they way food was served was also delightful enabling you to add more senses to the fest experience. service was very attentive and nice. absolutely worth going for a diner there. however, make sure you book in advance as it is almost impossible to get the table when you walk in especially during a weekend.

St. Louis, Missouri
“How Is this restaurant rated no. 6?!?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

What a disaster! We either are at a totally different restaurant or it was just a bad night for them. How can we be seated at 6 pm and our entrees arrive at 7:45 and they get the order wrong?!? We started off with the waiter Roy and after he helped and then served us each a glass of wine, he then took our orders and totally disappeared without anyone ever explaining why. When our starters were brought out by a female waitress who explained each one in detail to us, we thought she was one of the chefs. After finishing our starters, which were very small for what they cost, we waited 45 minutes for our entrees. My husband asked if they could make a side order of pasta with white sauce to go along with his lamb entree. Roy said he would check with the chef. He came back and said that they would do it. I ordered the pork entree. When the food was finally delivered, they only brought the side order of pasta for him. My husband was starving because we were out sightseeing all day and hadn't eaten much. How could a waiter assume my husband only wanted a small bowl of pasta? And on top of that, they explained that making that dish was special and something they don't usually do. Please -- boiling pasta in water and an experienced chef being inconvenienced by making a cream sauce?!? Even I could do that. The problem we had is that we couldn't confront "disappearing " Roy about the confusion on the order. After a total of 3 glasses of wine, 2 starters and 1 entree and a side order of pasta with a huge spoonful of "cream sauce" on top, the bill arrived and it was 108 euros. Such a waste of time and money. My lamb dish was nothing special. I think all the time and what they charge is for the presentation of the food - with all the foam, special touches on the plate, etc. sure that's nice, but so is tasty, filling, timely and reasonably priced for what you get, which was lacking in our food. This restaurant is definitely overpriced and overrated.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Oakville, Canada
“Savour every mouthful.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Seated upstairs with an overlook of the open kitchen we anticipated each delivery of the next course of our 5 course choice. Never rushed, the ingredients were explained and paired wines complemented the taste complexities. Service was attentive but not intrusive or elusive. Minor changes were asked due to food allergy and accommodated without problem. Atmosphere is lively but quiet conservation was possible. A fantastic evening. Thank you!