“Great food and service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bussia

Bussia
Reestraat 28, 1016dn Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Jordaan)
+31(0)20 6278794
Neighborhood: Jordaan
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

my wife and I visited after reviews on tripadvisor - we weren't disappointed. We had the balcony table with a great view of the plating up area which was fantastic to watch four chefs create our fish of the day dish. My wife was a little intimidated by the male waiter, but we only saw him at the start at the ladies were fantastic.

92% Recommend
Leeds,UK
“Romantic Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

A lovely meal enjoyed by my girlfriend and I, both went for the tasting menu and we were not disappointed, although quite expensive when you add the selected wine course, it was still good value for money

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Northville, MI
“Fantastic experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

We had such a fantastic dinner that we returned a few days later for lunch. The food was superb and the service was very professional yet yearn and friendly. I have a dietary issue and they were very accommodating. The food had great flavor and eye appeal. They also have a very serviceable wine list.

• Visited October 2013
“An entertaining experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

This Restuarant is a pleasure to dine in. We had an upstairs table which gave a good view from the balcony of he downstairs dinners and the kitchen preparation and service. If you are lucky enough to have Tiffany as your server she will make your night very special. She is interactive without being over the top. Informative, helpful and very pleasant. I had the mushroom and cheese risotto which was moist and very flavoursome my partner had the raw beef and crab which was a work of art. He followed this with fish of the day lemon sole in filo pastry with cuscus and a black squid ring. Truly stunning presentation and flavours. I unfortunately chose the wild boar which was tough and very chewy( avoid). However Tiffany at hearing this gave us two complimentary glasses of Barolo with our cheese board a an ammeretto free also with coffee. A lovely relaxed dinning experience, made better by Tiffany's helpful information and recommendations for beers and cocktail bars later.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Utrecht, The Netherlands
“Nice and impressive restaurant, but a bit expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I went there with a friend for dinner. It's a nice place, warm and cozy. Staff is eager to help you, especially with the choice for the right wine to mix with the food, and they explain and present the dishes with great care.
Location is nice as it is in the centre of Amsterdam.
It is a kind of couisine new to me, as I am Italian, I am quite traditional on the way things are cooked, also by me.
But nevertheless I like to experiment and try new methods, and that doesn't mean I don't appreciate the effort in preparing the dishes and mixing the right ingredients and flavours.
I believe there should be also a three courses menu, because for dinner there is only four, five and six courses menus.
Portions are small (as in the modern couisine), but prices are expensive, and I believe the reason for that is because of the effort put by the chef in order to create the dishes in the proper way and with the right ingredients.
But I believe a good result can be achieved also by making the customers pay a bit less (or at least make available the three courses menu as well).

• Visited October 2013