This was so easy to find from the Central Station (just trace the route on Google Street View before leaving) and not far to walk if you are reasonably fit. Transport links are fantastic (and on time) and there is a wealth of interesting things to do and sights to see.
The Architecture in the area is so Dutch and you really feel like a local when you stay here. There is everything you need within half mile square radius. The food in the Indian restaurant across the road was fantastic, try it! An apple turnover and coffee for breakfast in the bakery next door was a treat.
The apartment was so comfortable we had to drag ourselves out and I totally agree with the 11th April comments.
Christa and Yvon were the perfect hosts welcoming us even at a later hour, providing a hand drawn map of the best places to eat and visit and topping up the coffee, milk and sugar when we arrived. They offered help and assistance at any time but no intrusion for the rest of the stay unless we needed something (which we didn't). There was a wealth of literature within the apartment about the local area, DVD's and books.There is enough of everything in the apartment for a 3 day stay and we never needed to top up on anything and it was spotlessly clean and tidy. The position was great and I could have sat at the window all day long and watched the world go by!
The Jordan area just through the alley at the side of the apartment building is beautiful and we spent a lot of time there. There is a market on a Saturday just a short walk into the Jordan with amazing stalls full of bread, cheese, meats, fungi, objet d'art and fresh cooked food stalls (market Street). The bridges and canals were just what I expected to see, the streets were quiet and the houseboats lovely.
All in all we loved this break and apartment! Thank you we had a lovely relaxing 3 days even in this bustling city thanks to the hard work of Christa and Yvon and their lovely apartment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a historic town house, B&B La Vie En Rose offers comfortable, bright-colored spacious apartments with free Wi-Fi in the center of Amsterdam. Dam Square and Central Station are half a minute away. La Vie En Rose's spacious apartments have a private entrance and private bath room and a kitchenette.All necessary utensils are provided.The apartments have 7 huge Windows with great city views! Anne Frank House, the Jordan area and Flower Market and most main attractions are a short walk away from B&B La Vie En Rose ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo and Budget Places so you can book your La Vie en Rose B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Vie En Rose Hotel Amsterdam
- La Vie En Rose Bed And Breakfast