“A Small but modern Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wilhelmina Hotel Amsterdam

Wilhelmina Hotel Amsterdam
We can't find prices for this hotel
Wilhelmina Hotel Amsterdam
Save Saved
You added Wilhelmina Hotel Amsterdam to your Saves list
Koninginnewg, Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Vondelpark)   |
Ranked #266 of 345 hotels in Amsterdam
Vancouver, Canada
“A Small but modern Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed in Wilhelmina for three nights while on a business and holiday trip.
This is a very small modern hotel centrally located in the Vondel Park Area and near to the museums. That's why we choose to stay here.
The staff was very helpful, the rooms were compact but fully equipped with everything we both needed for our short stay.

The breakfast was made complimentary for us and the highlight of our stay- apart from the buffet breakfast was the service given by the manager.

A overall good experience in every sense- living up to the Wilhelmina reputation.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

39 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Polish first
Delhi, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

It was so nice to be so close to the Museums and the galleries (you can walk to the Rijksmuseum and the Van Gogh museum from the hotel), to the shops and the canals, but what really sets this hotel apart from most of the other small 2 star hotels is the hospitality and friendly manager and his staff and the genuine feel of homeliness. Nothing seems to be too much trouble for the them, whether it be advising us on where to go and what to see. The rooms, though are not large but they are certainly beautifully clean. All to go to Old Amsterdam it is best to take a tram from next to the hotel. We loved our stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Lisbon, Portugal
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I was really disappointed with this hotel. The room was shabby, not very clean, it had horrible and old furniture and ugly wallpaper. The double bed we specifically asked for was inded two twin beds. Also, the curtains were so transparent that we had to wake up with the light of day and the bathroom was the worst : small washbasin and the shower, if we can call it that, was at the same height as the floor so when we took a shower the water would spread all over the bathroom ! Really disgusting..oh and we had to ask for new towels every evening, since they only put two! The staff was ok. The breakfast was poor, always the same and of poor quality. Not to mention the highly steep staircase (but I guess that's the standard in Amesterdam). The only advantage is that is close to a tram stop and near the city centre ! All in all we thought we paid more than we should have for such a service. I won't go there again

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We were put here by another hotel that had overbooked us. The real highlight of this place is the lady who worked on the reception desk, she was absolutely lovely and so helpful, one of the nicest people we met on our entire trip. The hotel was perhaps a bit pricey and some of the decor was a bit dated, but it's dated in a charmed way, not shabby. We had to pay a deposit for the key which I've never had to do before, but we soon found out why when my friend lost it (our fault not the hotels) meaning we lost our deposit.

I would probably stay here again, the breakfast was good and I felt for a few hours that I was a native of Amsterdam.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Canterbury, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I can't believe some of the people writing reviews stayed in the same hotel as us. The Wilhelmina is shabby, not very clean and over priced. The wall paper in our room was tatty and the furniture was scratched and marked. We were surprised to be told on arrival that we had to pay in advance and that a credit card carried a 6% surcharge! As we arrived in the evening and hadn't got enough cash we had no alternative but to pay the extra. No mention was made of this charge when we booked and gave our credit card details. Then there was a 20 euro deposit for the key! That was new to us we have never been asked to leave cash as a key deposit before. If you wanted to leave a bag onthe day of departure that incurred another charge. Also the room price quoted did not include a 19% tax which we were not told when we booked. There is no way we would recommend this hotel to anyone. It was a big mistake and one we will not repeat. Never again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

The Wilhelmina hotel has some of the best hotel staff I have come across. Having just visited two weeks ago, I was amazed by how helpful and cheery they were. The hotel is situated in such an ideal location; it's close to everything!! I was in town for a business trip and after staying at their sister hotel Atlas Hotel, some time ago, I thought I'd give this one a trip. My conference, luckily enough was at the convention centre, RAI, which is extremely close and very much approachable from this hotel - so many possibilities to get around in the immediate vicinity of this hotel! The rooms are great. Huge, spacious, comfortable and tastefully decorated. The breakfast was efficient and very filling, just what I needed for my conference. Definitely worth visiting again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
San Antonio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

The hotel was nice and the bathrooms were clean and that was the most important to me.
We were never in our room but about 7 hours a day to sleep. The first floor is on the 2nd level, don't be tricked. There are super steep stairs all over Amsterdam, prepare.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Wilhelmina Hotel Amsterdam? Share your experiences!