“ok place” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Wilhelmina Hotel Amsterdam

Wilhelmina Hotel Amsterdam
We can't find prices for this hotel
Wilhelmina Hotel Amsterdam
Save Saved
You added Wilhelmina Hotel Amsterdam to your Saves list
Koninginnewg, Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Vondelpark)   |
Ranked #259 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
San Diego, California
“ok place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We were put here by another hotel that had overbooked us. The real highlight of this place is the lady who worked on the reception desk, she was absolutely lovely and so helpful, one of the nicest people we met on our entire trip. The hotel was perhaps a bit pricey and some of the decor was a bit dated, but it's dated in a charmed way, not shabby. We had to pay a deposit for the key which I've never had to do before, but we soon found out why when my friend lost it (our fault not the hotels) meaning we lost our deposit.

I would probably stay here again, the breakfast was good and I felt for a few hours that I was a native of Amsterdam.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Polish first
Canterbury, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I can't believe some of the people writing reviews stayed in the same hotel as us. The Wilhelmina is shabby, not very clean and over priced. The wall paper in our room was tatty and the furniture was scratched and marked. We were surprised to be told on arrival that we had to pay in advance and that a credit card carried a 6% surcharge! As we arrived in the evening and hadn't got enough cash we had no alternative but to pay the extra. No mention was made of this charge when we booked and gave our credit card details. Then there was a 20 euro deposit for the key! That was new to us we have never been asked to leave cash as a key deposit before. If you wanted to leave a bag onthe day of departure that incurred another charge. Also the room price quoted did not include a 19% tax which we were not told when we booked. There is no way we would recommend this hotel to anyone. It was a big mistake and one we will not repeat. Never again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

The Wilhelmina hotel has some of the best hotel staff I have come across. Having just visited two weeks ago, I was amazed by how helpful and cheery they were. The hotel is situated in such an ideal location; it's close to everything!! I was in town for a business trip and after staying at their sister hotel Atlas Hotel, some time ago, I thought I'd give this one a trip. My conference, luckily enough was at the convention centre, RAI, which is extremely close and very much approachable from this hotel - so many possibilities to get around in the immediate vicinity of this hotel! The rooms are great. Huge, spacious, comfortable and tastefully decorated. The breakfast was efficient and very filling, just what I needed for my conference. Definitely worth visiting again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
San Antonio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

The hotel was nice and the bathrooms were clean and that was the most important to me.
We were never in our room but about 7 hours a day to sleep. The first floor is on the 2nd level, don't be tricked. There are super steep stairs all over Amsterdam, prepare.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Zagreb, Croatia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

we stayed there for 5 nights. I really don't understand why this really good 2 star hotel has such lousy review. I was sceptical and afraid after everything i've read about it but it turned to be cosy,really clean, quiet and with spacious rooms hotel. Breakfast was ok, it had everything what we need. Only thing which was a little problematic was the distance from the centre. But in the other hand, you have tram number 2 which takes you directly to centre,also night bus 358 to Museumplein and then you have to walk to hotel but, if you're young I htink it's not going to be problem. The Leidesplein ( area with bars and shopping) is within walking distance (15 min).The good thing is also,this hotel is in fancy neighborhood where are embassies and it's also residential area of celebrities and rich people,so it's pretty safe :)
I have to say, this is really value for money. this kind of hotel you won't find in the Centre if you're not prepared to pay a lot more. For this amount of money you would get dirty,loud and overpriced room in Centre.So..in conclusion i would recommend this hotel for couples, familys and if you're traveling alone for bussiness.
p.s. if you're paying with credit card, they'll charge you more (taxes and provision for Credit card company)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

Great staff, beautiful rooms and very relaxing atmosphere.
Best location for shopping in Amsterdam. Wonderful restaurant nearby. Only good things about the hotel.
Must stay hotel for pleasure, leisure or business. Very helpful staff, good location and great value for money. Throughly enjoyed my stay will recommend this hotel to all.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Munich
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012 via mobile

A bit far away from the city center, is easy to go by tram No 2 stop Valeriusplein. Really close to the museums. The food was good and there was free wifi in the room. The people was nice. The hotel is not modern and it has big stairs that are hard to access with luggage. The rooms are fair but for the price I was expecting a bit more.

• Stayed December 2011

Been to Wilhelmina Hotel Amsterdam? Share your experiences!