“Wonderfull Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Las Vegas Bed and Breakfast

Las Vegas Bed and Breakfast
You added Las Vegas Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
Las Vegas Bed and Breakfast
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Woestduinstraat 155, 1059 SV Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Vondelpark)   |
Ranked #161 of 306 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
“Wonderfull Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

We have stayed in this property for a few day's Our stay was very pleasant, and the the owner was very helpful, good location, nice area, and lots of shops around.
Easy to go to the centre, and airport.
Breakfast very good. Sure we will come back.

Couple from Germany Mei 2014

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Bromley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

This B&B is about 20 min from the centre of Amsterdam on the tram and this was perfect for us as it meant we have a quiet night sleep, whilst still being close enough to enjoy cheap travel in.
When we first arrived I didnt know what to expect, however the owner showed us to our room. The room, whilst basic had everything we required and although we had a shared bathroom, we didnt even see the other guests, so it felt like we had it to ourselves.
On arrival we were also offered a drink, free of charge- nice touch
Gerard the owner went above and beyond what was expected and he laid on a fantastic spread for breakfast and then even gave us sandwich bags so that we could make sandwiches to take for lunch. I would like to point out that this was a continental breakfast that was provided and is what the locals would usually eat and I must say I was delicious.
Gerard gave us plenty of advice on what not to take into town and be aware of pickpockets etc and he also contacted the local travel company to book us onto a canal cruise for that evening. Had he not called and made the appointment, we wouldnt have been able to go on the cruise that day so its thanks to him we managed to get on the cruise.
Really impressed overall and would definitely recommend.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Plymouth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

I booked this at the last minute, on the strength of so many reviews mentioning the owner by name and saying positive things about him. I now suspect some at least of those reviews may have been written by him.

But first. the layout. The B&B is on the ground floor, behind a store that sells casino and gambling equipment. With no separating door. If you like getting up to take a trip to the bathroom and wondering past the owner discussing issues with their bookkeeper, or some casual visitor the owner knows from the neighbourhood, have at it.

The only sign on the outside saying this is the Las Vegas hostel, although the casino chips, etc., on display are a good clue, is a sticker next to the door about four inches square.

Girard (sp?) has either been doing this too long, or was never suited to it. Our first interaction was an attempt by him to get me to pay in cash, up front as agreed, but in cash because his bank had cut off his card processing machine. When the conversation degenerated to the point where I said "let me know if you can run my card or whether I should go look for alternative accommodation" lo and behold, at the problem was "solved" at 7:30 + pm by a "call" to his bank. I say BS, I run a business that runs cards, try and get help out of hours, and if it is due to fraud on the machine as he asserted, it will not be solved with a single call.

Breakfast, included in the price, was not delivered on the first morning although we had paid for it, and on the second I wished I had not showed up for it. If you like an assortment of cured meats and cheese, and two types of bread, and that is it, for breakfast, this is the place for you.

Otherwise, even if the rest sounds appealing, I suggest eating breakfast elsewhere.

Friendly, helpful, host? I think not. On the plus side the rooms were large, clean as whistle, and well appointed, but if I wanted to stay in someone's business, and be a party to their customers and bookkeeper's interactions with the host, while on my way for my morning toilet, I would have preferred to know about it in advance, and for the price, you can do better. If something casual is what you want stop in and see Robert at the Magpie Pub one block down, they can point you in any number of directions of people who would like to rent you a room, with more privacy, a better choice of breakfast, and less.... weirdness.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Caerphilly, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

Feel bad that I'm only now getting around to writing a review of this B&B but better late than never. Had a lovely time at the hotel. It is out of the centre of the city but you are right by a tram line and aren't more than 15 minutes away. Gerrad, the owner is really, really nice and cannot do enough for you. The breakfasts are great. My boyfriend is now addicted to pancakes in the mornings (thanks Gerrad ;))
Personally I found the toilet not in the room a bit of a pain but it's so clean that it didn't really matter in the end. Had a great time all in all and my boyfriend is already thinking of rebooking :)

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

A very good accommodation in a quite residential area. B&B is located south-west of the city center (20 minutes a tram journey no 2 from Amsterdam Centraal). There are two big rooms for guests. There is a TV, minibar, snacks, books, electric kettle, towels for guests. And shared bathroom. Gerard is a great host, very funny. He will provide a breakfast for you in the morning. Highly recommended for singles and couples. Very easy access to the airport - tram number 2 to Heemstedestraat metro station, then one stop by metro to Lelylaan station and from there to Schiphol only 7 minutes.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Cheadle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

Stayed 3 nights for the Amsterdam Marathon. Gerrard the owner is a very nice man,he was helpful & welcoming as we arrived in the pouring rain late Fri evening. Gave us complimenatary beer & loads of helpful advise about getting aroung the city.( He will even book your museum tickets on line for you so that you do not have to join the queues.) B&B is in a quiet residential area with a square with some local cafes/restaurants & number 2 tram to get into the city centre. Our room was spacious & spotlessly clean,comfy beds, nice plasma TV /DVD, tea/coffee making facliites, mini bar, room safe, His n Hers bathrobes & plentiful clean towels. We will definately stay there again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2010

My husband and I stayed at Las Vegas Bed and Breakfast Sept 9-14, 2010. Truthfully I was nervous because I couldn't find any reviews and we’ve never been to Amsterdam (or to Europe). When we showed up, Gerrard (the owner) spent his time explaining how to use the public transportation. He provided us with many useful tips that we used throughout our stay, all while we sipped on our complimentary Heinekens. (He buys every guest a beverage at check in). Gerrard made us comfortable and he was instrumental in making our trip enjoyable.

HOTEL DESCRIPTION:
The bed and breakfast is VERY clean 2 bedroom apartment with a store front that the owner runs his business from. It may appear to be modest but the owner goes out of his way to keep all the amenities up to date. There was mini-bar and flat screen TV w/ cable, ect. He even let us use his computer to print out passes to the Van Gogh Museum (another useful tip he gave us because he told us it would save the time of waiting in line for tickets before you wait in line to get in the museum).

PERSONALIZED SERVICE:
This is a small business; it’s not a big hotel chain. We missed our flight due to an unfortunate series of events. We called Gerrard to book another night and it was clear that we were upset, defeated, and tired. He went out of his way to cheer us up, he provided us with a cheese plate and a couple of beers when arrived. We were having a terrible day and he was the reason our day was salvaged. He also knows how to make an amazing cup of coffee in the morning!

NEIGHBORHOOD:
The hotel is in a very nice residential neighborhood across the street from a school. We frequently passed cute, young families on the way to the tram. In fact Vondelpark is just a few tram stops away. I felt very safe and comfortable. Downtown and the Redlight District is only 10 or 15 min away on the #2 line. I only gave it 4 stars because some people would rather stay in the "party zone" redlight district.

BOTTOM LINE:
I will stay here again and I will recommend it to all my friends. In fact, we might go back to Europe w/ another couple in 2012 and we are talking about renting both rooms. It’ll kind of be like we are renting our own condo!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Las Vegas Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!