Stayed at the Cribs in Feb and have now stayed there 4 times and love it.
We've been travelling to Amsterdam a couple of times a year since the early 90's and have stayed in a whole variety of accommodations. From the decent Crown Plaza to some cheap B&B's and I have to say The Cribs are one of our favorites.
All 4 times we have stayed in the apartments over the canal from the church. 3 times in the basement and once in the bigger flat at the top. Duke and Eric have always looked after well, very friendly and give good advice of where to go etc.
The Basement is better of the 2 as no stairs to climb after a hard day on the coffee shops ;o), You walk down a couple of steps and your in the lounge. It's not big but perfect for us as usually 3 guys. Could probably sleep 5 as has 2 small bedrooms with 2 single beds in each and a sofa. Much better for 3 or 4. Has small kitchen and decent bathroom, again small but fine. Wicked shower with huge head which is great. About 21" LCD tv in lounge with ps2 but usually link up the laptop and watch a few films when chilling. Would be nice if a bigger TV was put in but no problem with whats there.
Being smokers most hotels are off grounds now and tbh always felt uncomfortable smoking in the room. Never had a problem but always had to take care of smells etc.
Not a problem with the Cribs, The most smoke friendly place we've stayed at.
Always an array of pipes and general smoking stuff which is nice. Just feel comfortable to chill after sampling the delights of Amsterdam. The location is great, right in the mix of things but not to noisy. Some nice places to eat near by (Try the Burger Bar, great burgers).
Probably wouldn't stay there with the missus as she like 4/5 star hotels and is a fussy *#*^ ! but ideal for a lads trip. A big step up from a hostel and at about 50 euros a night is reasonable. Plus free wifi !!
Overall rating - Great place for smokers, nothing flash but clean and practical, nice management. Perfect !!
- Also Known As:
- Amsterdam Cribs Red Light Hotel
- Amsterdam Cribs Red Light Hotel Amsterdam
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amsterdam Cribs / Red Light B&B is a superior quality smokers getaway in the heart of the city. This self-catering and recently renovated accommodation is perfect to tune into the city vibe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld and HostelBookers so you can book your Amsterdam Cribs Red Light B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.