We booked the Jeroen Bosch apartment in April for a late September stay of 5 nights. We wanted to stay in a canal house but needed a property on the ground floor because of the notoriously steep stairs. My husband has had heart surgery and I have arthritic knees. Climbing the stairs would be problematic, especially with luggage. We received the confirmation and assumed all was well. We travel often and always try to stay in apartments and have never had a problem with our reservation not being honored until this apartment. After reading others experiences of problems with the booking, it seems to be a trend, not a mistake. The Jeroen Bosch apartment which we had reserved 5 months prior was on the ground flor and included a lovely garden. The apartment we were given was at the top of the building, no garden. The management company blamed the owner and the representative of the owner blamed the management company. I don't know if the problem was intentional but it seems likely that this company has a history of booking, rebooking and shuffling guest to what ever room suits them. We loved Amsterdam and had a great stay in spite of this experience. Would not hesitate to go back to Amsterdam but will not recommend this company to anyone. Bad policies, bad management. The woman who checked us in was very kind, Milani, but all she could say was how sorry she was. I got the impression she has had to apologize often for a booking "error". Be aware. With this company, a reservation is worth very little.
- Also Known As:
- Dutch Masters Apartments Hotel
- Dutch Masters Apartments Hotel Amsterdam
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dutch Masters Luxury Apartments in Amsterdam offers luxurious apartments in the heart of historic Amsterdam. There are 9 residences in this complex of varying sizes, with one, two and three bedrooms. The features range from roof deck, garden, classic canal view, 4 meter ceilings and 400 year old details. All residences are equipped with design interiors, a full kitchen and kitchen inventory, washer/dryer, linen, private safe and broadband internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Hotels.com so you can book your Dutch Masters Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.