“Strange Location, Understaffed, but Actually A Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of NH Amsterdam Zuid

You added NH Amsterdam Zuid to your Saves list
NH Amsterdam Zuid
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   van Leijenberghlaan 221 | Buitenveldert, 1082 GG Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Formerly NH Musica) (Stadsdeel Zuid)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
€15 for your next stay
Ranked #121 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Teddington, United Kingdom
“Strange Location, Understaffed, but Actually A Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Arriving at the NH Musica, it looked like we were arriving in a 1960s apartment block area, but actually the hotel is modern, clean and very nice. We had a long tussle with reception about changing to a room with a bath rather than a shower, which we finally got in the end - having cycled from London the previous day, I needed a good soak!

My cycle ride is relevant as there were 150 of us who did it who were booked into the hotel, yet the bar only had 2 staff, and seemed surprised at how busy it was. And breakfast the next morning was similar. The food however was good at both breakfast and our celebratory dinner at the hotel after our ride.

The rooms are very modern, very clean and very smart, with plenty of space and comfy beds - even if they do commit the cardinal sin of a 'double' bed being two beds pushed together! The hotel is quiet and the city centre is a €15 taxi ride away.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
NHMusica, General Manager at NH Amsterdam Zuid, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear guest,

At first we would like to thank you for your time to write a review about NH Musica. I am happy to hear that the inside design of our hotel pleasantly surprised you, NH Musica is only a few years old and we strive to stay modern and tidy.
We apologize for the fact that you felt like we had a lack of staff on duty during your stay, we will look into this and see if we need to change this for the next time when we welcome a large group of guests.
Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you had a save cycle ride home.

Yours sincerely

Hotel Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Schinznach Bad
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is far from the city center, but that is not their fault of course. The staff is very friendly and tries to support you with all questions. Free WIFI. Checking in and out could be faster.
Why I rate it average is because the light in the bathroom does not allow you to see whether you are properly shaved or to put your contact lenses in. The water temperature is difficult to adjust and the power of the shower is poor. You can stand in long lines for the coffee machine at breakfast. The price is not inexpensive and I do not think it is a good balance between costs and quality.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear mister v. d. Velden,

Thank you for your kind comment about our staff, we’ll be sure to pass these along among the employees of NH Musica.
We will check what room number you stayed at and the maintenance department will be sure to check the shower pressure, also in consultation with our Food & Beverage manager we decided to put 2 coffee machines at the breakfast when it is busy in the hotel.
We would like to thank you for this useful feedback.

Yours faithfully,

Christchurch, New Zealand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I was all set to write a great review of this hotel until it came to check out. We had checked out in the morning and returned to pick up our luggage in the afternoon before our flight. We were delighted to see that one of the cleaners had found our passports in the in room safe that we hadn't even thought were not with us. However as soon as I realised this I remembered they had been in the safe inside a leather travel wallet. When I enquired about this the man at the front desk made some enquiries and says the passports were all that were found. Knowing the passports themselves were in the travel wallet certainly makes me very suspicious. Also in the wallet was some money, lounge passes for various airline lounges and various confirmations of bookings for our trip. We had to rush to leave for our flight and with the hotel promising to contact me with information after they talked to house keeping i left without the travel wallet. It is nearly one week later and the hotel has not been in touch at all. I thought things would be secure leaving them in a hotel room safe but obviously not. Really disappointed by this and the action of the hotel management in regards to this. Would not stay here again. Lock your suitcases! And avoid the safe!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
NHMusica, General Manager at NH Amsterdam Zuid, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear miss Abbey,

I am really sorry to hear about inconvenience during your stay, please contact me personally: a.jost@nh-hotels.com

I hope to hear from you soon.

Yours faithfully,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Went to Amsterdam for my 30th and stayed at the nh Musica. When we first arrived the frontage was well maintained, very clean and tidy. When greeted by staff they were all very friendly and more than happy to help. Rooms were beautiful, very tidy, spacious and clean. Bed were very comfy too. Overall extremely happy with this hotel. The only issue I would say is that it's about 30 mins from the city centre itself but you can easily get the tram.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your time to write this positive review about NH Musica, the team is delighted with these comments and I will be sure to pass them along to all of the employees.
I wish you a pleasant day, and I hope to welcome you again at NH Musica.

Yours sincerely,

UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Just back from a 2 night break in the NH Musica. I have stayed in NH hotels before and this hotel matched those standards. In fact, it seemed like a very modern hotel - I did not see any signs of repair being required.
Of course, the one big disadvantage (for a normal tourist, rather than a business person) is the location. However, when offsetting the inconvenience and cost of travelling a liltte bit more against a lower room rate, this disadvantage can be overcome.
I did not spend all that much time in the hotel - as I was there to explore the city - I did not have any meals - so cannot comment on that.
The front desk service was impeccable, as opposed to the experiences of some others on here.
The area around the hotel is a bit sparse - not a great deal to see or places to go.
In terms of transport - this was very much done on a budget basis - it would be easy to get a cab to and from the city centre - but for me, very expensive!! Instead, we used public transport - we had a 48 hour pass (costing 12 Euros each); during the day, this entailed a walk of just over half a mile to the metro/tram stop - generally we would catch the number 5 tram - a slightly more direct route to the city centre - also going via Leidseplein - where we got off to enjoy stuff. Otherwise, the metro can be caught - all the way to Central Stn if necessary, or get off at Neuiwmarket for a short walk to the RLD if that is your desire.

After midnight, the night bus can be used - I didn't time the journey but it seemed to be quite quick (20 mins) and the bus stop is only about 350m from the hotel. the 24/48 hour passes can be used on the night bus.

There were some shops, including a supermarket near the metro/tram stop.

Overall, next time I may try to book somewhere closer - but if my budget is tight, I would have no qualms about booking this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for decent accomodation when visiting Amsterdam and does not mind being a little away from the city centre.

Stayed here during our trip to Amsterdam in April .... the hotel is nice and situated in a quiet neighborhood. Although it is a little away, it is close... walking distance.... to the tram stop with direct trains just 20mins to the city centre.

The rooms are large and spacious .... the staff very pleasant and helpful

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I wish you a pleasant day, and I hope to welcome you again at NH Musica.

Yours sincerely,

Nuremberg, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

The hotel was situated in a good location, not far from the exhibition center. But the organisation from the hotel for taxis to ferry us was terrible. Besides the room windows could not be opened. weird.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels

Dear miss Visvanath,

Thank you for your stay at NH Musica, and also for your feedback of the hotel. We would like you to be informed about the fact that if any taxi or shuttle needs to be arranged during your stay you are always welcome to contact our ‘Natural Host’ hospitality desk, which is available every morning during weekdays or at our Front office. Our staff would be happy to help you plan any arrangements or call you a taxi.
It is indeed true that the windows of the hotel aren’t able to be opened, this in order to secure the safety of our guests. We do have an air ventilation system, which brings the fresh air from outside throughout every room and public areas in the hotel.
With this given information, we hope to welcome you again at NH Musica.

Kind regards,

Hotel Director NH Musica

Been to NH Amsterdam Zuid? Share your experiences!