“Lovely hotel but make sure you like the tram” 4 of 5 stars
Review of NH Amsterdam Zuid

You added NH Amsterdam Zuid to your Saves list
NH Amsterdam Zuid
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   van Leijenberghlaan 221 | Buitenveldert, 1082 GG Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Formerly NH Musica) (Stadsdeel Zuid)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
€15 for your next stay
Ranked #121 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Lovely hotel but make sure you like the tram”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

I stayed almost a week here and I was extremely pleased with everything. The breakfast was superb and the staff was super friendly. I had a room on one of the top floors and had a spectacular view! The room was big and clean and felt very luxurious (at least when you're a student!). They have massage chairs in the basement, which I used almost every day. After a long day of walking around in Amsterdam, it was wonderful to relax in one of those chairs! The beds are really comfortable, so we slept great every night.

The only thing I wish was different was the distance to the city centre. It's a good 20-minute tram ride to the centre. I enjoy train- and tram rides, but it would have been nice to be a little closer.

Thanks for a lovely stay :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
NHMusica, General Manager at NH Amsterdam Zuid, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your nice review and wonderful words about our hotel and the staff. I have already shared your nice compliments with the rest of my team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff. We are also very pleased to hear that you appreciated our spacious rooms, the massage chairs, the anti ox breakfast and the view from your room.

Hotel Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Amazing hotel. Absolutely beautiful, from the lobby to the rooms. Bathroom was fantastic had a great big bath and a shower. Very modern and fresh. Great prices. Would stay here again 100% lovely staff and the surroundings are cute. House keeping also do a good job and if you need anything they bring it right up. Tram 5 minute walk, takes about 20min to get into central Amsterdam. Great!!!!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for all of your nice compliments about our hotel and staff. It is a great pleasure to read that you enjoyed your visit to the NH Musica. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Hopefully we could welcome you back at NH Musica in the nearest future.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

I had several days and two night in this hotel due to a training in december and january 2013/2014. Sleeping in a room is not nice: there is no good control of the air condiotioning so I had dry eyes and nose after a night stay. The matrass is poor: hard en not flat. I was glad to go home after one night stay.

The food is simple in breakfast and lunch. I had two diners. The first was terrible. Carpaccio of beef with a little bit of salmon from the other choice of starters. Plates were not clean and full of fingerprints. And desert was sent back to the kitchen: response of the waiter: I had no complaints this evening and the cook likes it.........

The second diner in january was better, but I can not advice you to eat in the hotel. The hotel is situated outside city center and public transport is not nearby (walk of 1500 meters).

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking your time to share your feed-back. Within NH Musica we are pleased to welcome all of our guest and give them the best service we are able to offer. It is actually a disappointment that you feel a lack of service. Unfortunately I can’t change that feeling at the moment but please do accept my sincere apologies and I will make sure that it won’t happen again by discussing your comments within my team so we can improve.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we would like to welcome you again in NH Musica in your next visit to Amsterdam and get the opportunity to show you that we constantly try to improve our services.

Gateshead, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Just returned from a 3 night stay at NH Musica which I booked via Priceline.

I’ve read a similar review regarding the location, I booked what was the Vondlepark and surrounding areas on this website and it came up with this which I was initially worried about after reading some of the reviews. I must say the location is not perfect , but it wasn’t a problem for us. The area is a quiet residential area and a simple enough walk to the tram and metro, it really wasn’t an issue for us and we did this late at night. The location means that you also go through plenty of great areas of the city on the way into town and for us we used this to explore areas we might not have done if we’d been located more centrally.

The hotel was very clean, the staff polite and I didn’t eat at the hotel so can’t comment on the food. If like us you don’t have breakfast included there is a nice Dutch bakery en route to the station as well as a good Colombian eatery so you have a couple of options.

So if you do book this hotel via a 3rd party website don’t worry about the location, it’s actually quicker to get here from the airport as well.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

About the location of our hotel, we are indeed not located in the city centre but in the heart of Amsterdam's 'Zuidas’ business district. Like you already have mentioned, it is a simple seven-minute walk to the tram/metro stop. We are looking forward welcoming you again at NH Musica.

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

The hotel is a little far from downtown but it is in a nice area.
The rooms are beautiful and very clean.
The bed was comfortable.
Staff was really professional and they helped us with directions and gave us some advice where to go during our visit.
We booked the rooms early and they were definitely worth more than we paid.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your nice review and compliments about our hotel, the rooms and the staff. We are proud of the product of NH Musica. I have already shared your nice compliments with the rest of my team. Please feel free to contact us directly if you are planning to visit Amsterdam again.

Take care and warm regards,

Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

The hotel is in a quite residential area. There are no restaurants in the area is the one downside. The hotel is clean and of good value. There are bikes to rent which makes travel through the city easy and enjoyable.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experiences from your stay at NH Musica. I would like to inform you that we have a few restaurants in the neighbourhood of the hotel. It`s a two-minute walk to a Korean and Italian Restaurant. At the tram/metro stop, there is a French Restaurant `La Brochette`. It would be great if you can experience these dining possibilities during your next stay at NH Musica We are looking forward welcoming you again at NH Musica.

Blackpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

Booked the hotel through Priceline - big mistake. Have previously been lucky and booked downtown hotels in Amsterdam and Brussels but this time, seriously messed up! Can't fault the hotel apart from it's location although, actually thinking about it, choice of tv stations was not good and only had one 'english' tea bag and creamer rather than milk.....Very far out and has previously been stated - soulless. Cannot recommend.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor.
We always try to provide our guests with the best possible facilities and service and we are disappointed to read you experienced some inconvinces. I would like to offer you my sincere apologies that we did not meet your expectations. I will definitely discuss your feedback with the Housekeeping department and Maintenance department.
We appreciate your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future

Hotel Director

Been to NH Amsterdam Zuid? Share your experiences!