“Good hotel but a little soulless” 4 of 5 stars
Review of NH Musica

Save Saved
You added NH Musica to your Saves list
NH Musica
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Van Leijenberghlaan 221, 1082 Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Buffet Breakfast
Ranked #135 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam
London, United Kingdom
“Good hotel but a little soulless”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

We stayed here due to its proximity to our friends who are living a 3 minute walk away. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about our experience. Everything was fine. The interconnecting rooms for our family of 5 were large and comfortable. The beds were very good and there is plenty of wardrobe space.
Parking our car was easy. Free at weekends was a bonus.
The staff were very helpful and polite and were aware of the fact that we are Jewish and couldn't have been more helpful.
We didn't eat in the hotel so cannot comment on food, but the freely available tea and coffee was excellent.
The hotel is a 10 minute walk to the 5 or 51 trams which get you into he centre in 20-25 minutes.
The bikes we hired were well maintained and of a good quality.
Unfortunately my son left his soft toy tiger in the room and despite the staff trying to find it they have been unable which has left a slightly sour taste.
Overall though a good hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
NHMusica, General Manager at NH Musica, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for writing such a positive review about your stay in NH Musica. This is very much appreciated, especially by our staff.
We did our very best to find you sons soft tiger and I am glad my staff was persuasive to find it. I hope your son was very happy that he was reunited with is soft toy tiger after missing him for one week.
In the heading you wrote: ‘’Good hotel but a little soulless’’. May I ask you why you find our hotel a little soulless and how we can change this?
You may send me an e-mail; a.jost@nh-hotels.com

Warm regards,

427 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Frankfurt
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

One of those hotels which unfortunately has nothing going for it.

Was here for one night on business. The hotel is a fair way outside the city and in fact a fair way from anywhere really noteworthy.

The staff were, I'm afraid, just not great. Especially the check in staff who completely underwhelm with their lack of friendliness. The rest of the staff seem to be doing a job and nothing more.

The hotel was upgraded a while ago so the rooms look quite modern but actually laminate flooring looks tatty very quickly.

Air conditioning a complete mystery.

I struggle to say any more. I wouldn't hate it if I had to stay here again but I would ask for other alternatives first.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
NHMusica, General Manager at NH Musica, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear guest ,

Thank you for sharing your experiences. I would like to offer you my sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations about your stay in NH Musica.
The management team will share your experience with the rest of the staff. We always try to provide our guests with the best possible service and attention.
May I ask you to send me your personal details to a.jost@nh-hotels.com so I can check in which room you have stayed and we can take appropriate actions regarding the air-conditioning and laminate flooring.

Warm regards,

Leeds
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

If your looking for a place in Amsterdam that's fairly priced and comfortable look no farther. Room good, beds comfy. Only 25 mins by tram or metro to city centre. Staff have been helpful and only a 5 minute walk to tram stop. Being a frequent visitor to Amsterdam I have really enjoyed my stay here. Recommended.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
NHMusica, General Manager at NH Musica, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Goodafternoon,

Thank your for your nice review! We are really pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I already shared your nice comments with the rest of my team.
Please feel free to contact us directly if you are planning to visit Amsterdam again.

Take care and warm regards,

Urdorf, Switzerland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Unfortunately I had to be in the vicinity of this hotel, therefor we opted to stay here as it ensured that everything was in short walking distance and there is free parking on the road in the weekends.

From the outside it doesn't look like much, but when you enter the lobby it is bright and nicely decorated. The reception was friendly and efficient, but from that moment everything went downhill. Passing towards the lift there is a table with welcome drinks, that was empty every time we passed by. Then in our room (a corner room) everything had a strange layout and the mini-bar and closet were difficult to find. The room was one of the smallest we had ever stayed in.

Cleanliness was the worst thing of all, passing two cleaning ladies talking with one another in the corridor on the way to our room should have been a dead giveaway, they obviously had other priorities than doing the job that they were hired to do. On our 'clean' sheets was a long black hair and as neither of us has black hair, this was the first thing that disgusted us. Next the toilet had traces of the last user and there were even small animals in the soap tray.

I know we didn't pay much, but we still payed for a 4 star hotel of a recognised chain and have done so again in the future (in another one), but this has dented our trust in this brand and will definately make us reconsider if we choose them again for future stays. Cleanliness is the basic thing I pay for when I go to a hotel instead of a motel or camp site, in this case I did not feel I got my money's worth.

Finally we were on the front side, so it was quite loud and we did not have enough additional pillows for two people, there were three between the two of us. Being the gentlemen, I let my wife have the third pillow, but again as someone who has worked in plenty hotels himself, this is a basic requirement.

To top the whole experience off, there was a power-failure when we wanted to leave the hotel the next day and we were told to wait with checking out. We didn't use the mini-bar and we had payed on arrival, which if they checked their emergency sheets, they would have been able to see and let us go without the delay.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
venecia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

The reception girls are especially arrogant. Just a detail, we borrowed two umbrellas, which left in the room on the last day, and we were charged 20 euros extra. They try to charge extra for everything.
Hotel far from downtown and located quite a distance from public transportation.

Room Tip: the best 601,603,605,607,609.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

The business-style NH Musica hotel is located in Buitenveldert, a suburb of Amsterdam, south of the A10 circular-highway and not far from the ‘Zuidas’ business centre. The city centre is quite far. Breakfast is good. Staffs are welcoming and attentive.

Our spacious non-smoking room had a good double bed. The adequately decorated room had a large desk, flat screen TV, fridge & wardrobe, a coffee & tea making facility, and a separate bathroom with washbasin, shower & toilet. All was very clean. Windows can be opened. Free Wi-Fi Internet.

Use metro or tram to get to the city centre. Avoid Amsterdam taxis. Metro station Boshuizenstraat is at 800m from the hotel. Overall we had a nice time. We would recommend this hotel to anyone who seeks a good night’s sleep at an acceptable price.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Bangalore, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

I stayed at this property during one of my visits to Netherlands. The hotel staff is friendly and the rooms are nice. They had a very loud party going which went until quite late in the night. The breakfast was average.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to NH Musica? Share your experiences!