“Yum!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Taco Shop - CLOSED

The Taco Shop
Tolstraat 200, 1074 VN Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Stadsdeel Zuid)
31 20 4703657
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Neighborhood: Stadsdeel Zuid
“Yum!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

To be honest, I was not going to go in there as it did not look very nice from the outside but my hunger got the better of me & I'm so glad it did! The food was amazing! generous portions, cheap, friendly funny staff & tastes great! we're going back there before we go home! My partner said he'd fly back here just to have another taco from there!

• Visited February 2014

“The best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

By far the best Tex-mex you Can get in Amsterdam! Friendly owner, great atmosphere, nice music, just a nice laid back joint with great food. The tacos are awesome. Prices are more than fair for what u get.

• Visited October 2013
London
“Authentic Mexicali in Amsterdam”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

a little out of the way for most visitors (probably), as its tucked away on the Amstel in de Pijp but it's worth the trip. Friendly owner, great prices and delicious food.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Oslo, Norway
“Excellent Tex-Mex”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

This was by far the best Tex-Mex food I've tasted. Never tasted it in America, so I can't compare to "the real thing", but something tells me that the American dude who runs the show knows his thing.

We were a group of six who tried everything on the menu (ordered different things), and no one was disappointed!

I you like Tex-Mex, this place is a must-do in Amsterdam!

• Visited July 2013
Grimbergen, Belgium
“Mexico in Amsterdam”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The shop was at the bottom of our map of Amsterdam, but we took the tram and went to look for it, we were so happy to arrive. The owner, a friendly American, greeted us friendly and advised us not to order to much since the plates were big, but oh my, was the food GOOD! We had the quesadillas and the chicken nachos and we were so happy with our food. Do realize it's a "taco shop" so no candlelight dinner, but real savory Mexican food, just the way we like it!

Visited February 2013