I brought my boyfriend here for his birthday. We were greeted by a very friendly chap that threw in a little something extra for his birthday which was a really lovely gesture to make, completely didn't expect it at all!
I booked the private room and absolutely loved the recycled band kit they had used; snare drum for the light fixture, flight case bedside table and a drummers stool at the dressing table - we felt right at home!! The bed was a twin pushed together which made for a lot of awkwardness as a couple but then, we do acknowledge this hotel is aimed at bands passing through so were able to dismiss our issue immediately. Although I do admit it is a shame they didn't appear to have a double bedroom when I booked as I I know that bands on tour have brought their other half along in the past!!
It was clean and friendly and their local knowledge was really good - they even saved us a few quid by directing us to the correct bus back to Amsterdam Centraal!
There's a coffee shop in the same block of buildings and loads of little places to eat within a 10 minute walk. Melkweg is literally around the corner as is the bulldog. It's a fantastic location if you want to be out of the really expensive Damsquare/redlight area (which is 10 mins on the tram).
The only real improvement I could really make to this hotel is to the booking procedure and info on their website.
*An acknowledgement email would be useful (Although I did email to confirm the booking - to which I received a prompt reply)
* The option to "pay now" or on check in would be a nice touch
* Info on HOW to get to the hotel by by public transport including tram line/bus numbers from Amsterdam Centraal would be really helpful
A really pleasant stay and we are already planning a return visit in the summer!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BackStage Hotel Amsterdam is a small hotel next to the venues Paradiso and Melkweg, next to the Leidseplein. All rooms offer LCD TV, Alarmclock radio, I-pod dock, Free WIFI and FlightCase Furniture. The hotel is staffed 24/7. We do not have an elevator. Specialties for musicians on the road. @ the bar you'll find a pool table and instruments which you can play on. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, HostelWorld, EasyToBook and Odigeo so you can book your BackStage Hotel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.