1. My friend and I (both female) reserved a room with two single beds. Upon arrival, we were assigned a room with a single bed, smaller than an American double size bed. We thought there was a mistake and asked to change. We were informed that was just a "request" to have two beds in a two person room. The entire hotel only has one double room that can accommodate two beds, which had already been taken. The staff made no attempt to correct the problem (e.g. move us, offer a second discounted room, comp breakfast, etc).
2. The room was tiny, which having lived in Europe for the last 3 years, we expected. The only piece of decor was a large rat trap clearly visible on the floor. Yuck.
3 CLEANLINESS WAS LACKING!!!!!!!!! Thinking of the mattress, linens and bedding still makes me cringe. All dramatics aside, it was one of the dirtiest beds/bedding I have seen and that is saying a lot as I frequently travel on a budget. The attitude of the staff was cavalier at best. They did try to assist with printing airline boarding passes, but ended up being unsuccessful.
4. The room doors wouldn't shut unless slammed so, being Amsterdam, people came in all hours of the night slamming their doors in order to shut them.
In closing, I would steer clear of this hotel. I believe there are other hotels for the same price or even less expensive where you would get what you pay for/reserve that feature a basic level of hygiene.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Iris is set in a typical Amsterdam building, just a 15-minute walk from Amsterdam's bustling De Pijp district. Its rooms come with free Wi-Fi. Bike rentals and luggage storage is available and breakfast is served daily. Oosteinde tram stop is a 3-minute walk away, and links to the Rijksmuseum and lively Leidse Square. Dam Square and Amsterdam Central Station are a short ride on tram 16, which stops at the Stadshouderskade, 5 minutes’ walk away. The simply furnished rooms at Hotel Iris come with a private bathroom and a flat-screen TV. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Venere, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com, EasyToBook and TripOnline SA so you can book your Iris Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.