“Don't Expect To Sleep!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Vivaldi Hotel

Save Saved
You added Vivaldi Hotel to your Saves list
Vivaldi Hotel
3.0 of 5 Inn   |   Stadhouderskade 68, 1072 AD Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Stadsdeel Zuid)   |
Ranked #260 of 303 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Kilkenny, Kilkenny, Ireland
“Don't Expect To Sleep!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Pretty run down place, our room was on the bottom floor there was no space to even walk as you open the door the bed is just at your feet. Room faced a tiny window towards the street which constantly had people sitting in front of and talking even at night so sleeping was hard. The breakfast was stale food and pretty inedible in my opinion. The elevator fits barely two people and is better to just take the stairs. Staff was unhelpful and unfriendly I found when I asked them a question I was bothering them.

Positives were that the WiFi signal reached to my room and that you are right across from the Heineken Experience. The positives don't out weigh the negatives. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

166 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

If you don't mind the sound of traffic, and feeling every car,bike, truck, tram go past the room window and shaking the room, beeping of horns and just generally too loud; for a window that won't close then this is the hotel for you. The bedroom was awful, the walls were all mucky and had lots of holes and wallpaper was coming off the walls. However, the bathroom was wonderful, great shower, great toilet, great sink; the bathroom had no fault. The rest of the room was just hideous and is definitely not the standards of Vivaldi's art work.

Room Tip: It was too noisy, if you're looking for somewhere cheap to stay and don't mind staying wake...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Bedford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This is unquestionably the worst hotel I have ever stayed in.Yes,it's fairly cheap;but not excusably so.I don't mind staying in small bedrooms;but not smelly(the Toilet/shower room ),scruffy(peeling wallpaper)and potentially dangerous (the large broken shard of glass on the one mirror.)The hotel's only favourable commendation would be its position - but this,of course,is not something the staff/management can be given any credit for.For those interested in seeing how bad it's possible for a Hotel to actually be,I suppose I would perversely recommend a visit.To add insult to injury,there was even a large Beehive right outside my bedroom window!

Stuttgart, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Absolutely terrible. Room in basement, damp beds, mold in bathroom, bugs in rooms. Mold on curtains. Common areas absolutely disgusting also. Washed everything from my shoes to my toiletry bag as soon as I got home. For the price you pay, you could stay at a much nicer hostel, that isn't as far of a walk from the city's center. I can't state enough how absolutely horrible this hotel was.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, try to get a room on a top floor where you can safely open a window. Also...
Muelheim an der Ruhr, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

We booked this place with a group of friends and I can't say that I would recommend it to anyone. The only good thing about this hotel is the very good location right by the Heineken brewery. Otherwise, I can confirm everything from the other reviews: small rooms, mold in the bathrooms, smelly rooms, et cetera. Do yourself a favor and look for a different place to stay.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

We only have ourselves to blame but I do wish we read the comments before we booked this hotel.
Colossal Nightmare – comes to mind when we walked into this hotel. Originally we booked with their sister hotel (Hotel Paganini) but upon check-in we were thrown into a room at this hotel – right next to reception (Room 001).
The man at the front desk looked up when we walked in, rolled his eyes and said “Name or something?”.
The “cell”, apart from the dust, mould on the bathroom ceiling, no blackout curtains (and our room was on street level), lack of double glazing, holes in the bed sheets, bathroom that flooded, one lumpy pillow (we think it was that), no heating, TV that didn’t work/no remote, no cupboard, NO soundproofing, room size was the width and length of two single beds – was OK.
On the first night we got back in quite late and decided to shower. We let the water run for 5mins to allow it to warm up and we were greeted with the shrilling sound of the fire alarm which appears was set off by the steam. After about 5mins the man at reception came to our cell to enquire on what happened. We explained it was from the steam and he left. In the morning the lady on reception said she needed access to our cell to check the fire alarm. When we came back that night we noticed there was a wire sticking out of the alarm. We thought this a little odd so, we ran the hot water again to see if we could set the alarm off. It didn’t go off so we believe they cut the fire alarm (and in a building like this – that it not what you want to know).
It’s Amsterdam, and people are out late and make noise when coming in – we totally get that. In any other hotel it wouldn’t be a problem but when you’re in a hotel where you’re only separated by the lowest grade plywood it suddenly becomes an issue.
First night it sounded like there was a herd of elephants running around on top of us. Second night, our lovely/not lovely neighbours kept locking themselves out of the room, screaming expletives and repeatedly knocked on the door to get someone to let them in. From what we could gather – someone was having a bad experience on some pretty funky stuff. This went on for HOURS and, for two young women staying in a below substandard hotel – that is not cool.
Needless to say, we decided against paying 4euros to eat in the grotty breakfast bar.
Really, we could write pages and pages more but you get the drift. I wouldn’t let my dog stay in this dirty, unsafe, disaster of a “hotel”. I know it’s tempting to stay somewhere on the cheap for a little break but PLEASE – DO NOT BOOK HERE This place, and its’ sister hotel (which has a worse rating then this place, so I suppose we did get some luck!) need to be shut down immediately. How they are still allowed to stay open for business is beyond me. It’s a squat of the lowest kind.
AVOID AVOID AVOID.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Middelburg, The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

I can't spreak for the rest of the rooms but family room 503 was disgusting! I realize this is a budget hotel but for €271,00 I don't expect a moldy shower, moldy pillow and a toiletbrush that.... lets just say, shoud have been thrown out years ago. Two legs on 2 of the single beds broke which meant a very uncomfortable night. I would not recommend nor return to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces

Been to Vivaldi Hotel? Share your experiences!