“An Indian meal to delight” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Meghna

Meghna
Utrechtsestraat 28 | Harun Or Rashid Indian Cock Curry Depertmant Italian Permanent Resident Bd, 1017 VN Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Rembrandtplein)
00491639202423
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #829 of 2,459 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Rembrandtplein
Dublin, Ireland
“An Indian meal to delight”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

Meghna is located on Utrechtsentraat and near another very good Indian restaurant Tagore. It is a small restaurant serving Tandoori style food with a mixture of other delicacies. We had the lamb Kurma, which comes with basmati rice and could only describe the sauce as delicate with just the right amount of coconut. It is a mild dish that lets all the flavours come through. We also had the mixed Tandoori grill which was perfect and comes with salad. The cost with Nan, chapatti, two beers and two glasses of wine and tip came it at under €50. Could not be beaten!

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Athens, Greece
“very tasty food-kind people”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

it was the first time that we taste indian cuisine...we liked it a lot !tanduri chicken was excellant!

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Amsterdam
“Average food, not really worth it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Simple restaurant, staff is ok. Hoped the food would be great, but it wasn't. We had a chicken curry which was OK, but not memorable and certainly not as good as some other Indian restaurants in Amsterdam. Other dish was shrimps with garlic, red pepper and onion which was also nothing special. The food missed the rich taste which you expect from the Indian cuisine. It was just spicy, but definitely missed FLAVOR. Even the garlic Naan (Indian bread). Also the mango lassi (yoghurt drink), I have had better. Quite a disappointing experience. If you want a quick bite, it's ok I guess. Next time I go to Koh-i-Noor and see how that is nowadays, because I love Indian food.

• Visited October 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Istanbul, Turkey
“Chicken Tikka Masala - no good!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

I love Indian food especially chicken tikka masala. I eat tikka masala everywhere I go. I searched online for Indian food before going to Amsterdam. I had marked the restaurants "Koh-i-Noor" and "Majur", on the map for myself to go. But either they were close for lunch or I was at another destination for dinner. Anyways I made my way to Meghna for dinner because it was close to my hotel. I asked for chicken tikka masala. I didn't like it. Service was okay, atmosphere was fine but if chicken tikka masala is not good then the restaurant is not good for me at all. I am not Indian but I have eaten "ctm" a lot in different countries. As far as I know the dish I have been served wasn't the real "ctm". Meat was barbequed but didn't have its unique creamy sauce which is made with yougurt. I asked the waiter if the dish was ctm. He nodded that it was ctm. I have experienced it before at different places. They claim that there are doing ctm from different part of Indian?¿ I don't believe in this answer so I didn't ask more to the waiter not to hear this answer. Finally, not a bad place but not for me. In my opinion Chicken Tikka Masala has to be done properly. If the ctm is good then the rest will be good :)

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Great Indian food, friendly service - every time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

Used to live quite near this restaurant years ago - had dinner there almost weekly. Now I have moved away, but when I find myself in the neigborhood, I make it a point to have dinner there. Still great, still friendly people.