“warm friendly fantastic hospitable unique experience” 5 of 5 stars

Lieve Nachten B&B
Jan Olphert Vaillantlaan 7779, 1086 XZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #65 of 305 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“warm friendly fantastic hospitable unique experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Lieve Nachten is a eclectic unique building on one of the new islands of amsterdam; ijburg
Only 1 tram away from al the hotspots and in the middle of dutch nature.
The couple that runs this artistic but very modern place know what hospitality means.
The have the best breakfasts in town and are very helpfull in finding your way around.
Great place for everyone that enjoys the art of traveling,
Go there don't hesitate it's really great and what a rooms !

Room Tip: ask the owner for a nice room
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Madrid, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We felt very lucky to stay at Kitty´s & Fred´s interesting, original and cozy B&B
It made our short stay in Amsterdam very pleasant
We enjoyed a lot our triple room
Peacfull neighborhood, very easy and quick to get to the center
Wonderful yummy healthy home made breakfast. Thanks
We had recomended to our friends, sure they will like it
Hoping to go back

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Lieve Nachten B&B is located out of the hustle and bustle of Amsterdam. There are many quiet paths where one can walk or bicycle along the water. One can dine at the restaurant at the end of the street. Our hosts more most hospitable, serving delicious breakfasts and giving helpful suggestions for sightseeing. The building was artfully designed by the hosts and some rooms have interesting objects from the hosts' travels. There is also free wi-fi in the library and a garden and fish pond in the back. I was glad to have such a comfortable home away from home while visiting Amsterdam

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

This adorable B and B is my favorite place to stay as I travel from city to city for business and pleasure. I go to Amsterdam annually, and each time I find myself looking forward to returning to Lieve Nachten B & B. It is owned and run by an exceedingly pleasant couple, Fred and Kitty, who have, themselves, built and decorated much of the interior, and it is their personal care which makes my, and our, stay so enjoyable. Each time I arrive, I feel I've "come home" once more. Travel can be tiring, but my stays there seem, instead, to be most relaxing.

It is particularly easy to reach this B and B when flying into Amsterdam. One simply takes the train (located at the airport) to Central Station, walks outside, and the 26 tram is there waiting for a 10 minute ride to the stop, two short blocks from the B&B. The sights of the city can later be easily reached by that same tram. The accommodations are comfortable and quiet, away from the noisy part of the city.

And what I appreciate most are the breakfasts, due to the camaraderie of the hosts, and the excellent variety of food--I can eat my own ordinary American breakfast there, but much prefer to sample the various Dutch offerings. You can keep to yourself during breakfast, or join others in conversation. Wonderful and unusual teas, or a robust cappuccino tops off the the meal. Several restaurants are located a short distance away, easily reached in the evening.

I love to poke around the city, shop and photograph the sites. The directions and advice offered by Fred and Kitty make that quite simple to do. After all, Amsterdam is a terrific place to visit.

In short, you can't go wrong at Lieve Nachten--a cozy, homey and relaxing spot in an otherwise bustling city

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Oakland, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Arriving late after a difficult trip, owner Fred soothed my nerves with cup of herbal tea. Such kind assistance continued throughout my stay. The b&b is an interesting design, furnished with beautiful things from around the world. Great breakfast. The neighborhood, any easy tram ride to central Amsterdam, has great modern architecture with creative flourishes everywhere.

Room Tip: There actually is no pool or fitness center. I checked these things by mistake and trip advisors sit...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Staying at Lieve Nachten was like staying with friends, though we'd never met our hosts before! The house is a loved family home with treasures from around the globe, I literally couldn't stop looking and admiring the architecture, the decor and the furniture. We booked a large room with our two teenage daughters who slept up the step ladder on the mezzanine, it was cosy and fun. The decor was simple, cool and very clever. We loved having access to the library and the endless information available to us about the area.
Though initially I was concerned that staying slightly outside the city of Amsterdam may dampen the thrill of being there, I couldn't have been more wrong. It was great to find this new area, with it's fantastic modern architecture. After spending all day in the city it was a pleasure to arrive back on the tram to this great place and sit outside the local bar/restaurant (just down the road) and watch local children play in the street and swim in the lake.
Our hosts were delightful, breakfast was delicious, we loved the house and the area and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

We were so happy to stumble upon Lieve Nachten B&B. The artistic b&b was the perfect place for us to relax after spending the day in city center. Beautiful rooms, comfortable beds, fantastic staff, and AMAZING food!

Oh, and a bath tub that I could have spent all day in.

Don't miss out on the organic breakfast, Kitty's cooking will blow your mind.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Lieve Nachten B&B? Share your experiences!