“Good hotel, especially for business” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
EARLY BOOKING - UP TO 30%
Ranked #80 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam
Valencia, Spain
“Good hotel, especially for business”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Staff were confident, happy, good service ethic, well organised and keen to help. Everything you want when staying on business. The connections from the hotel were excellent, taxis outside, tram & train a short walk away, plus there is a small shopping centre close by. This isn't well signposted and it's in a residential area, but only 15 mins walk away on AJ Ernststraat. There are some nice shops & good places to eat here. Only critisism is food at hotel is expensive, but it's what you expect at a hotel such as this. Overall a great experience.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

1,280 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Turkish first
Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Stayed here on a weekend trip to Amsterdam with my family. It is really an excellent hotel from the minute you walk in the door till you leave. The staff are just great all the time. I messed up my booking and the sorted it out. Reception was really attentative at all times. Anything we wanted was taken care of immediately. Breakfast was really well organised and efficient and really good. I get the impression that everyone in this hotel are really well trained. They are also all very friendly. I love the architecture of the lobby and dining area too. It's not far to town at all maybe 15min by tram which is practically around the corner. The only thing I would change is I'd prefer a harder matress on the double bed and on the sofa bed. My wife thought the matress was OK but for me any my son they could have been harder.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
RGroenhuyzen, General Manager at Novotel Amsterdam City, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Willie2000,

Thank you for the comment you posted on this website! We aim to make every stay a success through our colleagues and I am extremely pleased to read that we were able to show this. I will be sure to share your comment with the staff and hope hope to see you again in our hotel.

Kind regards,

tervuren
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I must say that my stay at this hotel was very good. Ample parking space, very professional check-in staff, good breakfast and friendly staff. You expect this everywhere but this hotel also delivers it. Recommended especially if you have to be at some conference at the RAI.

Ringerike, Norway
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Maybe it's just me, but I can not sleep at all if the bed is too hard. And these beds are too hard. When you get up in the morning and the first thing you think is "ouch", you have not had a good nights sleep. I don't know why they have to make beds like this nor why they put them in the hotels rooms, but if you are allergic to hard beds, do not stay here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
RGroenhuyzen, General Manager at Novotel Amsterdam City, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Camilla,

Thank you for taking the time to give fedback on your stay, even though I was sad to hear you did not have a good nights sleep.

We try to find the perfect bed to fit the wishes of all our guests, including those who might have a preference for a firmer bed or who want to limit the problems caused by dust in some other bed types.

As we know all our guests are individuals, we do have options available for softening the bed, for example by adding special mattress covers. I would encourage you to let us know if you prefer a softer bed, so we can solve this problem during your stay. Sadly, I can not change your experience now and all I can do is to let you know we are gladly available to assist you in improving your stay next time.

Kind regards,

London, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

This is actually my very first time providing a review for a hotel, and I'm doing so because my experience is so laughably awful that I hope to discourage people from a similar experience. I experienced 10-15 problems over the course of my 5 day stay, which was so inconvenient, especially given I was staying for business. And the staff were so rude and unhelpful! Dirty rooms, placed in the wrong rooms, replaced my key card 9 times and poor dinner service. Worst hotel stay of my life. Stay away!!!

Room Tip: Stay away!
Dear miss U,

I hope you understand that I was shocked to read your review. We try to offer the best possible service and obviously, this did not happen, for which I opologise.

Because it is not possible to contact you through the website, I have taken the liberty of contacting you through the guest satisfaction program.

Kind regards and hoping we will be able to get in touch.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

1st time to Europe and this was one of the top 3 places we stayed (out of 11) Highly recommended, great good, comfortable bed, friendly service, very modern, large rooms compared to most! Breakfast is a huge spread and you cant go wrong - something for everyone!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely love this hotel, staff are extremely helpful & friendly. The coffee shop is handy and reasonably priced. The restaurant is quite pricey but serves fantastic food. Room was spacious and had a nice view. Tram a 2 minute walk away taking you into central amsterdam. Would stay again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Novotel Amsterdam City? Share your experiences!