“Second stay at RobertRamon....there will definitly be a third!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Cornelisz

Save Saved
You added Hotel Cornelisz to your Saves list
Hotel Cornelisz
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   PC Hooftstraat 24-28, 1017 BX Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Formerly Hotel Robertramon) (Museumplein)   |
Ranked #189 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam
Guisborough, England, United Kingdom
“Second stay at RobertRamon....there will definitly be a third!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

This is the second time I have stayed at the Hotel RobertRamon. I stayed here earlier in the year and stayed in a single room as I was travelling alone. I had previously read complaints that the rooms were small, dark, and had small TV's ! This was all true, however very clean, tidy, nicely decorated and staff were lovely.

For my second trip this week I didnt travel alone, and we had a twin room, and also a double room. These were bigger than the single rooms and the TV's were also larger (not that it makes much difference because you dont go to Amsterdam to sit watching TV 24hrs per day!!!) The rooms are decorated lovely, the lounge area and smoking area are both lovely, but I didnt spend any time in them the first time I went ! I had also read reviews that the staff were rude at times, we saw about 4 different members of staff on the desk throughout our stay, and every single one of them were lovely ! They greeted us, used humour, ask us daily how we were and what we had been doing in Amsterdam etc. When we arrived I did hear one man complaining about his greeting, however I was there when he was greeted and they couldnt have been more friendly and welcoming! Some people just cannot help themelves but complain about nothing ! :D

I will definitly be returning to Amsterdam to visit family again, and next time I am bringing my parents. We will definitly be staying in Hotel RobertRamon again !

Room Tip: Single rooms are very small.....but they are adequate in size to actually put your luggage in and sl...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

151 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Turkish first
Bath, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stayed in this hotel in Sep'2012 for 2 nights. Hotel is on the posh locality (near Rijks Museum). Rooms are very neat and clean. Very frinedly staff (who helped me plan for stay by printing out maps etc). Overall I would say it's an excellent hotel and would love to stay there again..

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I stayed here for two nights. This hotel is adjacent to the high-end shopping area in Amsterdam and near many museums, restaurants and bars. It is a very basic hotel with small rooms that I found rather dark, but it is clean and comfortable. I slept well which is the most important thing. The staff is OK in that they will do what you request but they didn't go out of their way to help you with suggestions. It was a good value and not a bad place to stay for a couple of nights while visiting Amsterdam.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

value for money
we boked last minute so were happy with the price espoecially foir the location
real close to museums and bars and restaurants
only half hour walk to bustling red light area.
we felt very safe walking home
right on tram route
lovely rooms, very comfortable beds, great shower. cleaned daily, reception staff very pleasant and helpful
we didnt have breakfast at the hotel as we found a little cafe close by
i normally stay in a budgt hotel but do like the basic comforts and this hotel definitely provided them
what more do you need when you are in a city other than a warm comfortable bed and hot shower.
the only negative i had was that their is no kettle in the room and if you want one you need to pay, this did not spoil our stay tho

Room Tip: we were in a front room but due to the hotel being in a quiet area were not disturbed by noise
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London, England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I stayed here for two nights in SEP 2012. Price was very expensive and I expected a very nice boutique hotel but what I experienced was a poor hotel where I got bitten by insects on each night and had no air conditioning and very minimal facilities. Where do I start ? TV in the room was about 12 feet away and was a small 12 inch flat screen stuck high on the wall - useless. There was no air-conditioning and the room was about the size of a large closet. Breakfast was minimal - which is okay - bu was charged at €15! Also, when I checked in they insisted o charging me for both nights up front ! They must have known I was not goin to like it and would not let me leave!

Location was very good as it is right near to Leidesplein and Rijks Museum, otherwise, it was zero stars from me...

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
robertramon, Manager at Hotel Cornelisz, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for reviewing Hotel ROBERTRAMON, we are sorry to hear you found the hotel with poor facilities. Our hotel is exactly as we advertise on the internet, often we see that it’s a matter of reading and research by the guest, to find out what we offer and what we don’t offer. You stayed with us during IBC, the biggest and most busiest congress in Amsterdam each year! ROBERTRAMON does not have airco in the hotel rooms, located in Amsterdam with an average temperature of 23 degrees in summer having airco is not necessary as well as we think Green . We would like to bring to your attention that by not having airco in a country like the Netherland is very environmentally friendly. The room sizes are well advertised on all internet sites, with 17 M2 the twin room has a standard size for Amsterdam. Payment is on arrival, it is the policy of the hotel to have payments done in advance and you were clearly aware of this policy since you made your booking through internet wich states on your confirmation. We wish you had communicated you had payment issues or that you wish to see the room first, at that time we could have made different arrangements with you because this has never been the intention to insult any guest by asking the payment up front. The policy is made to make things easier for the guest as well as for the staff working different shifts. Since we are a small hotel , this policy is used in most hotels in Amsterdam.
Considering that you’ve stayed all the 2 nights doesn’t indicate that your stay was ruined under any circumstances.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Staff bent over backwards to help me out. Rooms were spacious enough and bed was extremely comfortable. Bathrooms were fine. Place had a lift and location is unbeatable. One of the best value sights I have ever stayed in and I travel for a living. These are the friendliest, most accommodating hotel staff I have encountered ever. Very happy traveller

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Neuss, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

This Washington the best surprise of our holidays! We were expecting to find an old, filthy hotel an, instead, found a very nicely renovated hotel, very modern, clean, with elevator and very nice room!! Yes, the room was small but very very clean and the small bathroom had everything one needs. Not far from the cathedral and with bus and tram stops on the street behind the hotel form where we could reach every place we wanted, even the airport!! The staff was always friendly to us so all in all we enjoyed our stay at this hotel and will certainly come back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Cornelisz? Share your experiences!