“Like my own Dutch apartment” 5 of 5 stars

Parkzijde Bed & Breakfast
Oosterpark 53, 1092AP Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #39 of 321 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Miami, Florida
“Like my own Dutch apartment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

As a solo traveler, this was my first time to Amsterdam. With many hotel options, my choice to stay at this B&B was a suitable one considering travel time and budget especially since I went for New Years.

I stayed in the Park room. The room was adorable and very comfortable for just me – in fact more than enough space for me. My room was toward the front of the house so street noise was not an issue and I loved looking out the window seeing the beautiful Oosterpark across the street. Bed was super comfy, the bathroom was a good size, breakfast was served in my room every morning and the amenities were great. It felt like I had my own flat in Amsterdam. Plus I liked the freedom of coming and going at any time.

Martijne & Bernard rock! They were extremely friendly and accomodating. They greeted me all the time and provided great restaurant recommendations as well as helped with overall directions and city suggestions.

Location couldn’t be more ideal as least in the mindset of getting around the city. The B&B is 10 minutes by tram outside from Amsterdam center and I thought it was perfect. After I saw the center, I was so thrilled I did not stay in the tourist center plus I got a chance to be in a quiet local residential area. There are two tram stops – one at each side of the park and 2 minute walk. It was easy to jump on and go to the center, to Van Gogh and Riks musuems and more.

Overall, this B&B met my expectations, I was very pleased with my stay and I totally recommend it. Can’t wait to return!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

Parkzijde is a lovely B&B very comfortable and relaxing after a days sightseeing, we stayed for 3 nights in the Garden room perfect with a lovely breakfast in the conservatory to start the day and a deep bath to soak away aches at the end. Martijne and Bernard were very kind and helpful and have put a lot of thought into providing for their guests. We bought a 4 day tram/bus pass at the tourist information Central Station for €19.50 ( well worth it) hopped on and off constantly, also went on city bike tour with Mike's Bikes €19 for 3hr great fun. We will definitely return to lovely Amsterdam and the ''home from home' Parkzijde.

• Stayed January 2012
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

Parkzijde B&B is everything you wish for when you traveling abroad and have to stay in a hotel/B&B. Hosts are fantastic. Gave us a warm welcome and help with anything we needed.
We stayed in Garden Room and it was great! Very romantic (beautiful lights in a garden at night, relaxing breakfast in the morning by the window overlooking the pond etc.) Room had very comfortable bed and modern bathroom. As we had laptop and free access to Wi-Fi, we could plan our daily walks and museum visits when we arrived and book all the tickets (and print them off for free). Attention to details and accommodating all of our needs without even expressing them is what makes this place so special. There was nothing I would change in our stay in Parkzijde and we will be back there soon!

Room Tip: The Garden Room is perfect for a city break for a couple!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Riga, Latvia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

I think that Parkzijde is a place where you can get everything you need - cosy and comfortable rooms, great location, nice people and really, really delicious food :-).

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Riga, Latvia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

I have looked for the quiet place for me and my friend to stay during the conference that took place in Amsterdam. We have stayed 5 nights in Park room. I may say that it was great experience: so tasty breakfast, so comfortable and clean room and many little things that made atmosphere warm and welcoming! Highly recommend this place.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
manchester UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

We booked both rooms for our 3 night stay. The stay exceeded our expecations (which were already very high due to the positive reviews on here) and I would like to go back to the Parkzijde the next time I am lucky enough to go back to Amsterdam. Breakfast was lovely and our hosts were fabulous. Best regards to both of them.

Room Tip: get a tram card and use the tram extensively - it is a great way to travel.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

Great location, clean and comfortable room, nice people.

Stayed October 2011, traveled solo