“One Night in Amsterdam” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Blue Sheep Bed & Breakfast Amsterdam

Save Saved
You added The Blue Sheep Bed & Breakfast Amsterdam to your Saves list
The Blue Sheep Bed & Breakfast Amsterdam
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Korsjespoortsteeg 3, 1015AP Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #45 of 305 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Hannover
“One Night in Amsterdam”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

The blue sheep is an great hotel in the center of Amsterdam. It has an nice atmosphare and you feel like you are at home. Verry friendly People and awesome breakfast. Try the Waffels!
The rooms are actually big and have a nice bed. There is also a tv and lots of dvd's in each room.
The shower is downstairs where the toilet is.

At all we enjoyed our stay at the bluesheep. I recommend it to everyone. Familys&couples&buissnes man.

Nice place to visit even in january.

Breki&andreas&jonna&soley Schulz

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Milan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2011

Strategically positioned (10 min walk from Amsterdam Central Station and main city's attractions) the Blue Sheep is a very nice place to stay.
Chimney atmosphere; cosy and stylish rooms everything makes you feel familiar, comfortable and at ease. Extremely positive experience.

• Stayed November 2010
Rio de Janeiro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

It was my first time in a bed&breakfast, but it was worth trying because everything else was so expensive when I was planing to go to Amsterdam. So I found this very well reviewed place, and what a place. We got a big apartment in the top of a building just in the corner of the street (it's not in the same building of the administration). The stairs are a bit rough (be carefull with large bags) but the room is simply amazing! We had a double bed and a sofa bed. The bathroom was very good and had a fully equiped kitchen where my sister prepared an unforgetable dinner for all of us. The owners (Novella and Jan) are very friendly and make you very comfortable. The hotel is 10 min walk away from the central station. The only problem was the free wifi connection which was not very good from our room.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2010

I did a lot of research before booking The Blue Sheep. A few factors were really important to me: 1. Location, 2. Nighttime Quiet Level, and 3. Comfort (especially since we were traveling as a group of 4). I have to say, The Blue Sheep hit 5 stars on all three points. Now, since a good location can mean different things to different people, I will say that we are in our mid-40s, love to go out eating and drinking wine, love to walk around and explore, and live in a large, diverse city ourselves. Over the four full days we were there, I'd say we walked a good 8-10 hours each day. I feel like we got a great sense of the different neighborhoods and areas around town. Every day, with every new area we found ourselves in, we kept saying that The Blue Sheep was in the absolute most perfect location of all. It's in a residential neighborhood, near the Jordaan, nine streets, Anne Frank's, near restaurants, cafes and boutique shops; alive during the night and yet incredibly quiet as well. Full of people during the day but not congested at all. I thought the mix of coffee shops and sprinkling of red-light windows only added to the wonderful unique-ness that is Amsterdam. We slept with our windows wide open - no car noises, no music, no loud carrying on - nothing. So far removed from the noise and crowds of the center and yet so in the middle of everything. It was a five minute walk from the station (yet a world away!) and super easy to find. As far as comfort, we stayed in the 3rd floor's Suite Roma and it was perfect for four (of course you have to not mind going through the living room with the sofa-bed to get to the bathroom which for us was no big deal). The view from the bedroom is gorgeous, the bathroom is luxuriously huge, and I can't speak for the sofa-bed but the regular bed was like sleeping in a cloud. (Everything I had read about tiny little rooms and uncomfortable beds made me feel really lucky). Novella is a nice host and we felt very comfortable. My only suggestion is to keep in mind that this is a small family-owned operation. If you get something in writing from Novella (like whether or not breakfast is included or what exactly will be in your apartment refridgerator), consider bringing a copy with you - this isn't a corporate hotel where they have a staff and are that super organized. Things change and you can tell she tries to go with the flow of people coming and going as best as possible. I found this perfectly understandable but had secretly wished I had brought some more info with me in writing (did not hamper my stay one bit). I otherwise loved the feel of being on our own in an apartment. It just fit with the authenticity of everything around us.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

We stayed at The Blue Sheep for three nights and had a nice experience. We had originally booked the orange room but were placed in the newly renovated suite on the top floor and it was absolutely perfect for us. We only had 3 days in Amsterdam on the last leg of our trip, and the flexibility of the suites really catered to our needs. Novella and Jan are extremely friendly, and Novella pays very close attention to details in the room. When we arrived, our room was to be ready at 2 pm but when we got there, one of our assistants was still cleaning. They're a little shortstaffed right now and it was a small misunderstanding for which Novella kept apologizing, but there was no reason for her to because we didn't mind at all! But she was checking everything twice and it was in pristine condition even then, and even cleaner when we arrived back later that evening.

I would recommend the Blue Sheep and also recommend the suites if you want a bit of a hotel/B&B experience. You can't go wrong with this one. Only things I will say is 1) yes, there is a prostitute that lives/works across the street from the Blue Sheep but it's nothing to deter anyone from staying. I only saw her actually working maybe once? and 2) yes, it's a little loud on the street. We left the windows open, so that was part of it. I'm a light sleeper and a bit of insomniac, but I had no trouble falling asleep or staying asleep, even with people talking. Try it out and find out for yourself!

roma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

It's been the first time for me to live in a B&B in the same house with a family. Novella & Jan are very kind , a nice experience to repeat for sure. Guaranteed the privacy (this was my main fear before Blue Sheep) and the house is very very nice too. :))

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
London, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2010

We stayed for three nights at The Blue Sheep for a short weekend break in Amsterdam. The location was perfect, just 5 minutes walk from the Central Station, but in the prettiest part of town by far. Near to Jordaan and the nine streets with their great shops, cafes and restaurants - within walking distance of the Anne Frank House and all the museums.

Our lovely hosts Jan Willem and Novella made us feel very welcome in their beautiful, peaceful 17th Century home. It was really our home from home for the weekend and could come and go as we pleased quite comfortably. We stayed in the Blue Room which was light, clean and comfortable. Although the bathroom is shared with the Green room, the room does have a sink in it which was useful, and lots of tea and coffee was provided. The breakfast was varied and delicious and filled us up so much we didn't need lunch!

We were really happy with our choice and would definitely stay there next time we visit Amsterdam.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to The Blue Sheep Bed & Breakfast Amsterdam? Share your experiences!