“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Blue Sheep Bed & Breakfast Amsterdam

Save Saved
You added The Blue Sheep Bed & Breakfast Amsterdam to your Saves list
The Blue Sheep Bed & Breakfast Amsterdam
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Korsjespoortsteeg 3, Amsterdam 1015AP, The Netherlands   |
Announcement
Click for details
Ranked #36 of 297 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
GaryDen
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

21st Sept to 24th Sept 13. Stayed in he Orange room. Really nice place to stay - central location close to most attractions/pubs/restaurants etc. the hosts are really nice, very friendly and helpful. If you don't mind staying in a B&B then go nowhere else.

Room Tip: As stated on their website - traditional Amsterdam building with steep spiral staircase to the upper...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

352 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

If you go to visit Amsterdam, for few days or more, the Blue Sheep is right place to stay. Owned by Novella and her wonderful family, this excellent bed&breakfast offers you everything you need for a comfortable stay. Clean and well furnished rooms, silent and cozy apartments, delicious and rich breakfast. Novella is that kind of host every traveller looks for: kind, gentle and always ready to give you the right advice to enjoy the city at the best! And of course it's located in a quiet street, pretty close to Joordan, Daam square and the main attractions. Definitely the best b&b in Amsterdam!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

This B & B is in a awesome location, just a short walk from the station and close to everything in the heart of Amsterdam. The house itself is just gorgeous and the owners have wonderful taste in style and design. Our room was huge (Blue room) and very comfortable. The only down side, (and I realise that this can sometimes happens with B&Bs), is that the atmosphere was at times quite awkward in the house. I know the other guests at the time felt the same. We certainly felt at times that we were in the way. That being said, we still enjoy our stay and would highly recommend this b&B. breakfast was amazing, and overall it was a nice experience.

Room Tip: Blue room was awesome, and the shared bathroom caused no problems at all.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Erlangen, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We went recently to Amsterdam and stayed here for 2 nights.
It was very comfortable.
Novella was friendly host and served breakfast with a smile.

Location of the B&B is the high point, literally at the center of the city.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Accra, Greater Accra, Ghana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I visited the Blue Sheep at the end of May - and had a great stay with Jan and Novella.

I arrived in Amsterdam well before the check in time, however, Eddie happily greeted me and took in my bags so I could travel much easier.

The location of this B&B is amazing. It's only a few minute walk from the train station, and close to all of the sights and attractions you want to see in Amsterdam. However, despite being near all of these things - it's not on a tourist-packed street! It truly feels like you've got your own corner of paradise when you're staying at the Blue Sheep.

The blue room is very spacious, well appointed, and extremely comfortable. It was a great convenience to have a sink in the room! I was surprised by how quiet the house was - I was able to catch up on some lost sleep my first day and was completely uninterrupted. The house is very clean, tidy, and very welcoming.

Breakfasts were beyond fantastic! There was always great variety and more than enough food. The poffertjes and fresh orange juice were certainly highlights.

Above all, the hosts and their staff have hearts of gold. They were there to answer every question one might have, were courteous, welcoming, and made the stay more special than I thought it would be.

I look forward to the next time I will stay at the Blue Sheep - I'm sure it, too, will be fantastic!
Thank you Jan, Novella, and Eddie for the great stay!

Room Tip: I LOVED the blue room - very spacious for one and a great room for two people.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

My stay was awhile ago but I forgot to post. My sister and I could not have been better looked after by our fabulous hosts. What a lovely family who went out of their way to make us feel at home. I forgot my favorite coat and they kindly posted it back to me in the UK which was very kind.

Breakfast was delicious and the bnb is very centrally located. I hope I get the chance to return one day.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We couldn't fault our stay at the Blue Sheep. From the moment we arrived we experienced fantastic service and a warm welcome. Despite being only a ten minute walk from the station the neighborhood was quiet, lined with beautiful flowers and trees and felt very authentically Dutch. We couldn't believe we were on such a picturesque street. Breakfast was a real highlight- delicious food cooked in front of you (especially good were the little pancakes), nothing was too much, espresso, fresh orange juice, waffles, eggs, fresh fruit, Danish pastries. We ate around the communal table chatting to other travelers and exchanging tips for days exploring. The owners provide a warm and welcoming service- you feel like guests in their home. They were only too happy to recommend and book restaurants and attractions. With their help we really felt like we saw the real Amsterdam- away from tourist traps etc. The room was cosy and romantic with soft comfy beds which all added up for a great nights sleep.

We cannot recommend this B&B enough, Thank you for an amazing stay- we will be back!

Matt and Steph H

Room Tip: The Orange Room had its own bathroom. No outside windows but this was no problem- nice and quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Blue Sheep Bed & Breakfast Amsterdam? Share your experiences!