“Awesome Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Blue Sheep Bed & Breakfast Amsterdam

Save Saved
You added The Blue Sheep Bed & Breakfast Amsterdam to your Saves list
The Blue Sheep Bed & Breakfast Amsterdam
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Korsjespoortsteeg 3, 1015AP Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #45 of 307 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Erlangen, Germany
“Awesome Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We went recently to Amsterdam and stayed here for 2 nights.
It was very comfortable.
Novella was friendly host and served breakfast with a smile.

Location of the B&B is the high point, literally at the center of the city.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Accra, Greater Accra, Ghana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I visited the Blue Sheep at the end of May - and had a great stay with Jan and Novella.

I arrived in Amsterdam well before the check in time, however, Eddie happily greeted me and took in my bags so I could travel much easier.

The location of this B&B is amazing. It's only a few minute walk from the train station, and close to all of the sights and attractions you want to see in Amsterdam. However, despite being near all of these things - it's not on a tourist-packed street! It truly feels like you've got your own corner of paradise when you're staying at the Blue Sheep.

The blue room is very spacious, well appointed, and extremely comfortable. It was a great convenience to have a sink in the room! I was surprised by how quiet the house was - I was able to catch up on some lost sleep my first day and was completely uninterrupted. The house is very clean, tidy, and very welcoming.

Breakfasts were beyond fantastic! There was always great variety and more than enough food. The poffertjes and fresh orange juice were certainly highlights.

Above all, the hosts and their staff have hearts of gold. They were there to answer every question one might have, were courteous, welcoming, and made the stay more special than I thought it would be.

I look forward to the next time I will stay at the Blue Sheep - I'm sure it, too, will be fantastic!
Thank you Jan, Novella, and Eddie for the great stay!

Room Tip: I LOVED the blue room - very spacious for one and a great room for two people.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

My stay was awhile ago but I forgot to post. My sister and I could not have been better looked after by our fabulous hosts. What a lovely family who went out of their way to make us feel at home. I forgot my favorite coat and they kindly posted it back to me in the UK which was very kind.

Breakfast was delicious and the bnb is very centrally located. I hope I get the chance to return one day.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We couldn't fault our stay at the Blue Sheep. From the moment we arrived we experienced fantastic service and a warm welcome. Despite being only a ten minute walk from the station the neighborhood was quiet, lined with beautiful flowers and trees and felt very authentically Dutch. We couldn't believe we were on such a picturesque street. Breakfast was a real highlight- delicious food cooked in front of you (especially good were the little pancakes), nothing was too much, espresso, fresh orange juice, waffles, eggs, fresh fruit, Danish pastries. We ate around the communal table chatting to other travelers and exchanging tips for days exploring. The owners provide a warm and welcoming service- you feel like guests in their home. They were only too happy to recommend and book restaurants and attractions. With their help we really felt like we saw the real Amsterdam- away from tourist traps etc. The room was cosy and romantic with soft comfy beds which all added up for a great nights sleep.

We cannot recommend this B&B enough, Thank you for an amazing stay- we will be back!

Matt and Steph H

Room Tip: The Orange Room had its own bathroom. No outside windows but this was no problem- nice and quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Very nice place to stay with your family. We stayed in four in a large room with bathroom and a complete kitchen. We could have cooked there, but there are many options for a meal in a walking distance. Breakfast at the Blue sheep is delicious, you order and eggs, juice and espressos pump in front of you. Very nice Italian Landlady , nice talk and very good Amsterdam tips.

Room Tip: Haven't seem other rooms, only my large familiy room for 4 people Nice and quiet neighborhood. W...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

This was my first victim to Amsterdam and I must confess I was a little unsure what to expect. I was however, immediately put at ease with the amazing hospitality and friendliness of all the staff at The Blue Sheep. From the moment we arrived, everyone we met was chatty, friendly and eager to make our stay as enjoyable as possible. We stayed in the triple suit which was clean, well equipped with a kitchen and an amazing wet room with a fantastic shower! We also enjoyed fabulous views over the rooftops from the huge windows. The Blue Sheep is in a charming and quiet part of the city, but everywhere you could ever want to see or experience is only a short walk away. We chose the room as we were a party of three, a couple and a friend from the USA. The room worked well as the sleeping arrangements iin our room consisted of a king size bed in one room with a good quality single size 'put-up' bed in the main living area. All beds were of good quality and all of us slept well. I'd have no qualms whatsoever in recommending this hotel to all but the most laddish of stag do parties. There's plenty of hotels for them over in the red light district. Ha!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Nailsworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

The Blue Sheep is the perfect retreat for laid back city-break fans.

First off, the location is great - right in the centre, but in a really sweet road that is pedestrianised, so really, really quiet.

If you're arriving by train, it's within walking distance of the station, and is really easy to find using the 'Singel' canal as guidance.

We were greeted with the warmest of welcomes from the lovely Novella, proprietor who is such a lovely warm person and will make you feel completely at home as soon as you arrive.

Next up: our room, which was at the top of two flights of narrow Dutch 16/17th century style stairs... (all of the house, I must mention has been beautifully restored and decorated to a gorgeous standard). The room had everything we could ever need and more, from the comfortable bed, to the dvd player for the night it rained, and even little chocolate brownie squares left on our saucers one evening.

Breakfast was really something to look forward every morning, with a varied range of local (and Italian) treats to devour on the huge country style table along with the other guests. We had such a great time talking to the other diners, one morning we ended up chatting for 2 hours!

If you're looking for a relaxed, easy going stay in the heart of Amsterdam, I can't recommend the Blue Sheep more, lovely place, fantastic food and even better service.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Blue Sheep Bed & Breakfast Amsterdam? Share your experiences!