“I'll be back” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Blue Sheep Bed & Breakfast Amsterdam

You added The Blue Sheep Bed & Breakfast Amsterdam to your Saves list
The Blue Sheep Bed & Breakfast Amsterdam
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Korsjespoortsteeg 3, 1015AP Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #47 of 306 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Millbrook, Ontario, Canada
“I'll be back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I would recommend staying at the Blue Sheep while in Amsterdam and I would definately be back next time I am there. My husband and myself stayed there in September in the green room and our other travel companions were in the blue room. The atmosphere is warm and friendly, Novella and Jan make you feel welcome. Breakfast was great, lots of choices, you never left hungry. Eddie would make sure you had "the most important meal of the day". Breakfast conversation is always good. The rooms were clean and quiet. No street noise to be heard. There was no television but there were movies available to watch but at the end of the day, we were there just to sleep. Too much sightseeing, no time for television. Stairs are narrow but that is the normal for Amsterdam. Location is fantastic! We were within walking distance to the train station, Dam Square and the Red light district. We walked everywhere coming and going as we please. A key was provided to let ourselves in and out, just to make sure the door closes behind you. You do not get this kind of treatment/feeling when staying in the larger hotels.
Next time I am travelling to Amsterdam I will return to the Blue Sheep.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Placentia, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Blue Sheep for three nights in August. We loved the place! It has a great location: super easy to navigate to Dam Square, the train station, red light district, Anne Frank House, canal cruises... EVERYWHERE! Novella and Jan (the owners and hosts) are so very nice and hospitable. I don't think I have ever been made more welcome any place. We stayed in the small Orange room (as our other choice, the Blue Room was already reserved). The Orange room is an interior room with no external windows which makes it quiet and DARK when you turn out the lights! That plus the very comfy bed made for great nights' sleep! Also, the Orange Room is the only one to have a private bath which was nice :) A European style breakfast is served mornings between 8:30 and 10:00 consisting of delicious fresh bread, cheese, meats, yogurt, fruit, cereal. coffee and tea, fresh squeezed juice, AND Novella offers to cook you eggs if you like. My boyfriend said she made them just like his grandma used to! After three days, we were sad to leave and felt as though we were leaving friends behind. We hope to stay with them again in the future. When I return to Amsterdam we will not stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: The Orange room is completely quiet and dark for a great nights' sleep. If you want a room with...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Excellent location, short walk to Train Station, canal boats, many resaurants (all levels) in the area. Delightful, helpful staff, delicious breakfast, interesting lodgers, and interesting owners. What a wonderful addition to a wonderful city.

Room Tip: Green room is up 2 floors. Very narrow winding staircase, but the staff take your luggage upstairs...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

My daughter and I stayed in the Green Room, and I must say the Blue Sheep was one of the highlights of our vacation in Europe. We loved Amsterdam, and from the Blue Sheep we were able to walk almost anywhere.

Novella, Jan and Eddie (their housekeeper) were delightful hosts. They were friendly and helpful, and made tasty breakfasts. Even my daughter (not a breakfast eater) ate breakfast! The house was clean and quiet. I had one short wait for the bathroom, otherwise, the shared bathroom was not a problem. The steps would be a problem with anyone with mobility issues. If I were to book our trip again, I would allow for more time in Amsterdam, and would stay at the Blue Sheep.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Norrkoping, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

With the heart of Amsterdam within walking distance, The Blue Sheep offers the perfect stay for your visit. Stay with this wonderful family and their two welcoming dogs, enjoy an amazing breakfast and get suggestions on what to do and what to see during your trip to Amsterdam. Meet interesting people at the breakfast table and relax in the privacy of each room. Novella is an amazing hostess, and along with her husband and daughter, she welcomes you with arms wide open.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I often had to go to amsterdam on business, and I love the city, but business accomodation is often a little soulless. Not any more! Novella & Willem provide surroundings of real beauty and hospitality of great care and warmth. I hope to stay there every time now.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

It was fabulous. Enjoyed a week with friends. The owners were very accommodating. We stayed in their apartment. I loved the stairs. Every time we left and came back I smiled all the way up and down the stairs. I left my favorite shoes and they mailed them back to me in Florida. I loved everything about Amsterdam with definitly includes The Blue Sheep. If I have another opportunity to go to Amsterdam this is where I will stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Been to The Blue Sheep Bed & Breakfast Amsterdam? Share your experiences!