“Perfect way to end our stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gartine

Gartine
Taksteeg 7, 1012 PB Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Dam Square)
20-3204132
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Dessert
Neighborhood: Dam Square
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Perfect way to end our stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

After reading all the trip advisor reviews, Gartine was on my to do list when I came to Amsterdam, and I'm so very glad it was! I risked not booking, and they thankfully managed to squeeze us in. I had the pancakes with maple syrup and nuts and my partner had the French toast. We both thoroughly enjoyed it! Its definitely worth a trip, staff are really lovely, helpful and friendly too!

• Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
“Simply wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

We stumbled across this little place completely by accident on our last day, and boy do I wish we'd found it earlier! Wonderful decor, very small however so I would recommend booking, even though we lucked out and got a table on the spot. The owners are simply lovely, so nice and made lots of time for us even though it was full! Food was incredible, easily the best breakfast I've ever had and the drinks were also amazing. Gogogo.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“A little treasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

My husband and I went to Gartine for breakfast when we first arrived into Amsterdam, not really knowing our bearings or where we were - what a little treasure, tucked away down a lovely little street. Inside, the decor is wonderful and there is such a nice, welcoming atmosphere. Breakfast was delicious, great coffee and really accommodating staff. All in all a lovely experience.

Visited June 2014
“Quiet and sophisticated.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Such a lovely cafe tucked away in a side street. Had a beautifully made fresh breakfast on my first day in Amsterdam. Really lovely almost tea room mixed with funky cafe feel to it, a bit pokey but worth the wait for a table. If you like fresh clean food this is the place for you and reasonably priced too.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cirencester, United Kingdom
“Fab food - you need to book!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

We were squeezed in for lunch on a Friday, but had to be out of our seat in 45 mins which limited our choices. However the food here is great, the flavours have been well thought through and the food is locally sourced. We just had a light lunch, but both loved it. The food was so fresh and I thought reasonably priced. The restaurant is really small and lots of people were turned away when we were there. I would have loved to try the afternoon tea.

Visited June 2014