“A real find” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Gartine

Gartine
Taksteeg 7, 1012 PB Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Dam Square)
20-3204132
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Dessert
Neighborhood: Dam Square
“A real find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Gartine is very small. Be sure to book in advance. Organic ingredients, most of them grown in their own vegetable garden, Gluten free and/or sourdough bread, 'animal friendly' eggs and meat. Go here on a sunny day and sit in the garden. Try the classic High Tea. Don't forget the cakes.

Visited January 2014

• Turkish first
Manitoba, Canada
“Fresh, Friendly, Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stopped in for some tea and lunch after a rainy walk around the city. Absolutely wonderful atmosphere, especially because we were able to sit up top on the second level balcony! The food was so fresh and delicious. VERY reasonable prices too. After we were done, I loved reading about how the produce comes from the Hendriks' own garden outside of the city. The best restaurant that we ate at in Amsterdam. Highly recommended, but try to make reservations if you can.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Auckland, New Zealand
“absolutely delicious and fresh!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

My partner and I had a lovely lunch at Gartine today before heading to Bruges. We stumbled upon it and my god I'm so glad we did! We were lucky to get a table straight away and the main reason we decided to eat here was because they offer gluten-free bread! I ordered a salad with bacon, anchovies and boiled eggs while my partner had the soup of the day with bread and butter. Sounds simple but absolutely divine, organic home-cooked meals full of flavour. The cold drinks were refreshing too, we ordered the homemade iced tea with vanilla and a lemongrass type drink. All in all, a great dining experince and prices were reasonable! Thank you Gartine for an unforgettable lunch, we will definitely return!

Central, NY
“Delicious!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

We got lucky that a reservation cancelled and we were able to get a seat for breakfast. It's a very small place with only 7-8 tables. The service was quick and excellent and we were out of there within 30-35 minutes. The French toast and salmon meals were incredible. The coffee was delicious. I highly recommend making a reservation and eating here when in town.

Visited May 2014
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Delicious and fresh!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I found Gartine on Trip Advisor and I am so glad I fit it in to my one night stay in Amsterdam! We went for my friend's birthday afternoon tea and the food was divine!
It was a rainy day and I loved the cozy warm atmosphere, and friendly staff.

I ordered the soup of the day, a smoked salmon dish for lunch and the coconut, lime and yoghurt cheesecake. All were amazing!! Gartine uses mainly produce from its own garden and I could taste the delicious fresh herbs in the soup and the smoked salmon on pumpkin bread. Amazing!
They also put cute little fresh flowers on each table that look like they are from their garden :)

I would definitely recommend Gartine, its food is delicious and reasonable well priced at less than 10 euro a plate.
The high tea is good value at around 18-25 euro per person but you have a lot of food and a huge tea pot to share.

I would recommend booking however as it is a tiny place and we were lucky to get in as a walk in reservation!

• Visited May 2014