“We fell in love....” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gartine

Gartine
Taksteeg 7, 1012 PB Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Centrum)
+31 20 320 4132
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 3,031 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: French, International, Dutch, European
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Centrum
“We fell in love....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

This is a very special place. We fell in love when we stepped through the door. By some sort of magic we were escorted to a table without a reservation, to find it was the last open table for hours. Then when I took a bite of the toast with Gouda and rhubarb, tears came to my eyes. Seriously, it was that delicious. The scrambled eggs were also divine. On top of it all the people were lovely. We will post pictures later!

• Visited October 2012
4 Thank Kristin B

Toronto
“Tasty brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

This was our favorite brunch in Amsterdam, even better than Greenwoods (which is also quite good). The French toast is really delish as are the scrambled eggs - great texture and seasoning on the eggs.
It's easy to miss as its tucked into a little alleyway.

2 Thank iandi
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Having breakfast at Gartine...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Finally we found a decent place to have breakfast in Amsterdam! And to be right, an excellent place. It is difficult to find a good spot for lunch or breakfast if you want more than a sandwich cheese, and do not feel like spending that much for breakfast in a five star hotel. Now, you are offered a solution: Gartine!
It is tiny and cosy, only 22 seats so making a reservation is necessary. Just leave a voicemail and they will call you back the next day. If you do not like disappointments, I recommend to make a reservation. The food is fresh, delicious and very tasteful. They grow a lot of the vegetables themselves and make their own marmelades. If you go for breakfast, you can choose betweenbetween a small or large breakfast depending on your appetite. But not to miss are the dutch wentelteefjes! I have never tasted it that delicious, they are my favourites. The owners are very kind and attentive. And the atmosphere is very relaxed. The interior is also very tasteful with some antiques, and the chandelier is an eye cather. I can highly recommend this place, and will return at the first opportunity.

2 Thank Rosita_Amsterdam
Lisbon, Portugal
“Perfect breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I went to Gartine twice during my short stay in Amsterdam. First, for a quick afternoon tea (just tea and a slice of cake), and it was very good. However, it was the breakfast I had the following day that blew me away.
It was a huge, perfect breakfast, complete with fresh sourdough, homemade jams, sweet orange juice, scrambled eggs, french toast and I can't even remember everything! It was delicious, everything very well cooked and fresh.
The place is very small and cosy, everything is served with cute old fashioned plates and silverware and the people working there (I assume they are the owners) were really nice and welcoming.
It's definitely worth a visit - and for brakfast, make a reservation!

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Patricia N
Hong Kong, China
“Super full afternoon tea”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We went twice to Gartine during our one week stay in Amsterdam - first time for lunch and second time for afternoon tea.

Have to say the afternoon tea is much more worth the spend because basically you almost taste everything they have through the afternoon tea. A little bit disappointed with the tea although they come with a very nice tea pot they are made using tea bags rather than real tea leaves. The ingredients are all very fresh and I assume the vegetables are grown in their own garden.

We tried the BIG afternoon tea come with a soup, a pot of tea, a round of sandwiches and quiche and a round of sweets (cakes and cup cakes). I have to say they all taste very good but just a little bit too much to finish. Saw other people also not able to finish all of them in the end.

The restaurant is a little bit small and crowded. Would be lovely if we can taste the same food in an open garden/outdoor.

• Visited September 2012