“Cramped but ok” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Zaza's

Zaza's
Daniel Stalpertstraat 103hs, 1072 XD Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Stadsdeel Zuid)
+31(0)20.673.63.33
Neighborhood: Stadsdeel Zuid
Durham, United Kingdom
“Cramped but ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

I was jammed on the end of the table for the starter course before eventually the staff butted on an unused table to provide some additional room. I could not fault the service, or food and the wine was a good selection, however one of my colleagues rejected his main course as he had black hair in it - this was however very well dealt with by the waiting staff but resulted in my colleague missing out on main course (but his desert was great!).

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

93% Recommend
  • Turkish first
Alexandria
“Great food in a great neighbourhood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I found out about this place from TripAdvisor yet none of the Dutch people I know are aware of it. Their food is amazing and it's definitely the best restaurant I've dined at in Amsterdam !

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
West Sussex
“excellent evening!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

Five of us had a marvellous meal here last week, with superb food and very professional service, but with a warmth that is often lacking when the food is this good! Easy to find, near the Rijksmuseum, so good for taxis, trams or walking. Very charming owner and food outstanding. Even our very sophisticated Notting Hill friends (B&B) were impressed.... There is a lot of choice in Amsterdam, but you won't go wrong by coming here.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Bussia is a great and feiendly restaurant.I went for a tasting menu and it was great,especially considering the price.Recommended!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent food, fantastic service - not to be missed in Amsterdam”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I ate in Zaza's with my girlfriend while on holiday in Amsterdam having seen other positive reviews on TripAdvisor. Fantastic service, excellent, imaginative and well-priced food and a great setting to enjoy a meal.

The restaurant is located in a trendy part of town near the Rijksmuseum and Heineken brewery. We were welcomed by the owner, Susie, who looked after us for the night and was fantastic throughout. The varied menu almost doesn't do justice to what arrives on the plate - this is top-class food. The amouse-bouche was very imaginative, the scallop starter cooked to perfection and the desserts a cut above anything else we had in Amsterdam. We were having only glasses of wine but found there was a good selection available. As the restaurant filled up during the evening there was a very nice atmosphere with the service remaining excellent. We were very pleased with our bill considering the high quality of the meal (less than 100euro total).

My night ended with me unfortunately leaving a bag behind containing a book and souvenirs I had bought on that (our last) day in Amsterdam. Luckily, after a quick email, Susie the owner was happy to mail the bag to me in Ireland with no problems. Not something every restaurant would offer you! Very strongly recommend.

• Visited October 2013