“Great food in a great neighbourhood” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Zaza's

Zaza's
Daniel Stalpertstraat 103hs, 1072 XD Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Stadsdeel Zuid)
+31(0)20.673.63.33
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Neighborhood: Stadsdeel Zuid
Alexandria, Egypt
“Great food in a great neighbourhood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I found out about this place from TripAdvisor yet none of the Dutch people I know are aware of it. Their food is amazing and it's definitely the best restaurant I've dined at in Amsterdam !

• Visited November 2013

• Turkish first
West Sussex
“excellent evening!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

Five of us had a marvellous meal here last week, with superb food and very professional service, but with a warmth that is often lacking when the food is this good! Easy to find, near the Rijksmuseum, so good for taxis, trams or walking. Very charming owner and food outstanding. Even our very sophisticated Notting Hill friends (B&B) were impressed.... There is a lot of choice in Amsterdam, but you won't go wrong by coming here.

• Visited December 2013
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Bussia is a great and feiendly restaurant.I went for a tasting menu and it was great,especially considering the price.Recommended!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent food, fantastic service - not to be missed in Amsterdam”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I ate in Zaza's with my girlfriend while on holiday in Amsterdam having seen other positive reviews on TripAdvisor. Fantastic service, excellent, imaginative and well-priced food and a great setting to enjoy a meal.

The restaurant is located in a trendy part of town near the Rijksmuseum and Heineken brewery. We were welcomed by the owner, Susie, who looked after us for the night and was fantastic throughout. The varied menu almost doesn't do justice to what arrives on the plate - this is top-class food. The amouse-bouche was very imaginative, the scallop starter cooked to perfection and the desserts a cut above anything else we had in Amsterdam. We were having only glasses of wine but found there was a good selection available. As the restaurant filled up during the evening there was a very nice atmosphere with the service remaining excellent. We were very pleased with our bill considering the high quality of the meal (less than 100euro total).

My night ended with me unfortunately leaving a bag behind containing a book and souvenirs I had bought on that (our last) day in Amsterdam. Luckily, after a quick email, Susie the owner was happy to mail the bag to me in Ireland with no problems. Not something every restaurant would offer you! Very strongly recommend.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London
“lovely food and great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

My sister had informed the restaurant that we were in Amsterdam for my birthday. we got there to find a table with balloons! The glasses had gift string on them and we were even given a complementary canape in a gift box, very nice touches! When desserts came out they played a birthday song and brought mine out with a sparkler which surprised, my sister hadn't asked for that! It made the night special and everyone in the restaurant clapped for me!
Starters I had 'HALF PORTION HOMEMADE RAVIOLI' I found this to be a bit lacking in seasoning, my sister had PAN FRIED SCALLOPS with Carrot and Orange Puree, Chervil Beurre Blanc and Dried Pancetta - delicious.
Mains we had 'FILLET OF VENISON with a Mushroom Duxelle and Foie Gras Tartlet, Red Cabbage, Truffle Mash and Red Wine and Port Jus' it was delicious.
The star of the show was WHITE CHOCOLATE PANNA COTTA filled with Pure Chocolate Mousse! It was insanely good, smooth and rich. We also ordered DARK CHOCOLATE, CARAMEL AND MACADAMIA TART which was also nice but felt the pastry was a bit burnt.
A very good meal to start our weekend in Amsterdam.

• Visited November 2013