“Fab food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Zaza's

Zaza's
Daniel Stalpertstraat 103hs, 1072 XD Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Stadsdeel Zuid)
+31(0)20.673.63.33
Neighborhood: Stadsdeel Zuid
essex, england
“Fab food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

I was visiting Amsterdam for a couple of nights on a city break with my girlfriend. Decided to reserve a table at zaza's due to trip advisor reviews and the look of the menu. We were not disappointed.

We really enjoyed our meal, the food was cooked amazingly, I had scallops to start, which were delicious. I then had the rib eye, cooked to perfection, and the fries were superb. My gf had the lamb as a main and thought it was tremendous, and the panacotta for dessert, she liked it so much she only reluctantly allowed me a small taste, it was really good.

I thought the service was also great. All in all a super dining experience and would go back again. Our meal as details above, with 2 glasses of prosecco, 2 glasses of rijoca, and a brandy come to €99, which I thought was reasonable. For a Tuesday it was busy, and appeared you would need to book in advance, there was also a large group at a table, seemed like a work group, and they were quite loud, it didn't bother us too much as added some atmosphere, however, the restaurant is quite small and if we were seated closer may have been annoying. Not the fault of zaza's though.

All in all, great, I recommend it highly.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Turkish first
Singapore City, null, Singapore
“A nice place that can improve even more”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I been there one week ago, it was a monday and the restaurant was full, luckily i placed a reservation in advance. I tried other time to go and eat there but it was always fully booked and without any guest list (strange). The person with i spoken sounds a bit in rush.
They gave us a tasty amuse bouche and tasty bread, well done.
I had the Carpaccio as started and my fiancée got the soup. Both tasty but the presentation of the carpaccio was a bit messy and not easy to eat mixing all the ingredients. Then followed bymain course, lamb and fish, both well done. The ambient is really too small and noisy, and it was just a monday, when you want go to toilet be careful to the other tables cause it's really narrow. The girl that pour for me the wine dont' know how to do cause she lean the neck of the bottle to my glass edge. Small particular that makes a usual place in something outstanding. Zazas got the potential to separate itself from the rest of soulless Amsterdam restaurant, just a bit more of effort and more of customers care to be a nice reality of Amsterdam.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
England, United Kingdom
“Superb, again.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

My second visit to Zaza's and was just as good as my 1st. Very very good food, excellent service and great cosy atmosphere.
Highly recommended. Excellent value.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Wonderful food. A bit out of the centre, but well worth the walk.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Great food. Decent wine at a sensible price. Good service. Had a lovely evening there. Everything we ordered was lovely.

Best book in advance though. Some very agreeable bars in the road outside too.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
uk
“excellent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

The only downside to this restaurant is the tables are to close together, but the food is top notch service good

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere