“Another good place in Amsterdam...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Zaza's

Zaza's
Daniel Stalpertstraat 103hs, 1072 XD Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Stadsdeel Zuid)
+31(0)20.673.63.33
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Stadsdeel Zuid
Zug, Switzerland
“Another good place in Amsterdam...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

We had a dinner in this restorant. It's not easy to take a sit in this place on the spot. Depense on the date. We tried ones and get table only next day bat when came there it was half-empty restorant. But anyway... Place is good. Very polaite service. Girls was apologaising all the night for some laud naibores at another table, than offer to us another one. Very kind and very polite. Definetelly they are making an atmospher of this place..
Drinks: too short vine list in my tast. I took Shablie. Not bad, but.. Really there is should be ground for improvement.
Food: short meny but very smart. Starters - you got a lat of pictures and I have just followed the universal choice - Tuna tempura and Scalops.. actually I've got both, two starters. and than .... You have fish, shrimps, lamb and stake at your choce. Seriously - you dont need anything alse. But when you get it you would really apraise the qulity and innovaitiness of the Master. That is really multy-taste. I've gotten King shrimps risotto. Delitful... Tasty.. With pesto and many other flavors you kant deny. Highly recomend.
Desert - the best one is pannacota. You should fake it with recomended swite vine (just+€2,5). I've gotten Cherry. It was a bust of mind... Wite-chocolate pannacota with cherry taste..
Give me a breake..
Owerall - very good impretion and they made my evening.
Price is reasonable and the same in Amstardam: starters -€10-12, mainco - €20-24, vine - €20-40
Go there, don't be regret...

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

93% Recommend
  • Turkish first
Michigan
“Can't understand why this is ranked so high”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I go to trip adviser for hotels, restaurants, suggestions on what to see when traveling etc. so when I saw Zaza's I went ahead and made reservations before leaving the US for Amsterdam. When we got there at 6:30 we were the only ones in the restaurant. Initially we had asked to sit outside but we saw the half a dozen tables were on the sidewalk almost touching the parked cars and this was certainly not appealing. So we sat inside and within 30 min two other couples arrived also a little surprised there were not more people. They all commented they saw it on trip adviser. My husband and I thought if locals are not choosing to eat there maybe this wasn't the best pick. We stayed and had appetizer of hummus and goat cheese with bread that was smooth and tasty, then I had a rib eye that was tough and fatty, and my husband had a fish of some kind that he said was OK but nothing to write home about. The wine was good and I can say not unreasonably priced. We would not return and given that we only had 3 evenings in Amsterdam wished someone had given us the real scoop on the food here. Total dinner was over $100 and totally not worth it.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Jacksonville, Florida
“this was the favorite restaurant of our entire trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We just returned from a four-city European trip with great meals in many good restaurants, but Zaza's was the best. We loved everything about this place. The two gals who worked the room were smiling, bubbly and knowledgable. Every course was delicious - this was one of those places where you get the feeling it really doesn't matter what you order - everythong is delicious and beautifully presented. This place is quite small and intimate - very romantic. It is very quiet from 6 to 8pm and then about 9pm it starts getting a bit more lively. And perhaps the best part: it's not crazy expensive. I had very good red wine for about $5. per glass. What more can one ask for? It is not in the center of town, either, so if you are a tourist you will have a bit of a walk, but if you ride the tram you will have only a 5-minute walk - and the neighborhood is charming. There is a lovely park close by.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Nice dinnner in Amsterdam”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We had dinner here during a brief visit with our kids - we were able to get a mummy and daddy dinner here and it was great! Tucked down a side street location was a good about a 15 minute walk from the Marriott. Service was fantastic and the starters were great definitely recommend the tuna tempura and the pan fried scallops! My wife had the char grilled rib eye which was very good and I had the home made ravioli which were good but I would not order them again. Definitely enjoyed the hangop a traditional dutch dessert made with yogurt and vanilla (and sugared bread - how can you go wrong!?) Recommend Zaza's for a good evening out

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kent, England
“Excellent in every respect.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I really cannot recommend Zaza's highly enough.

Fantastic food is not difficult to find here, I do not profess to be a food critic but I have dined in some of the best and Zaza's is up there in a understated kind of way. All dishes on our latest visit, our first 4 years ago, were once again well prepared, cooked to perfection and presented to please (best to check Zaza's website for the current menu).

Friendly, honest and genuine service supplements the buzz that goes with a mixed full house, exactly the reason why we returned. To me that says it all. A full house, great food, service and atmosphere four years ago and the same again this time round.

PS - To all at Zaza's thank you so much for making my wife's birthday meal such a memorable one!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere