“Quite possibly the best restaurant in the Netherlands!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Zaza's

Zaza's
Daniel Stalpertstraat 103hs, Amsterdam 1072 XD, The Netherlands (Stadsdeel Zuid)
+31(0)20.673.63.33
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 2,231 restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Stadsdeel Zuid
Description: Restaurant Zaza’s, owned by Susie Roche from Ireland, opened in May 2003 in the heart of “De Pijp”, Amsterdam’s hot spot for socialising. The menu of culinary delights with influences from France, The Mediterranean and Asia changes every 3 months! Zaza’s is that “Ab Fab” place to be for those who want to enjoy a really good evening in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere with that special touch. The theme “Absolutely Fabulous”, taken from the well know comedy series, is about enjoying life to the full. The main aim at Zaza’s is to please with attention to detail and service being of the utmost importance and to invite you to a special location where you can sample some of life’s little pleasures and treats.
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Quite possibly the best restaurant in the Netherlands!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

My boyfriend took me here as a surprise for my birthday on 1st December 2012. I couldn't have hoped to have been taken to a better place! It was phenomenal! The food was some of the best I've ever tasted. I had oysters to start and they were delicious, as fresh as they could be followed by steak. And being a massive steak fan I have to say that this was in the top three steaks I've ever eaten. It's in a fabulous location, away from the tourist traps and surrounded by some cool bars and I've recommended this restaurant to my friends who are soon to travel to Amsterdam. I'd say that this was without doubt one of the highlights of my weekend here. Thank you Susie and your staff for a beautiful and memorable evening!!!

• Visited December 2012

93% Recommend
  • Turkish first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Lovely setting, very interesting food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We booked this restaurant for my partners 30th birthday on 24th December 2012, having read some good reviews here on trip advisor.
I contacted the restaurant to advise them about the special occasion and upon arrival our table was decorated with balloons and ribbons, nice touch. The restaurant is in a lovely part of town and has a very nice feel inside. The staff were attentive and we were all served with a delicious appetiser on the house. We ordered the steak, the venison, the sea wolf and ravioli.
All were served promptly and were delicious, the only complaint was that a few more pieces of ravioli needed to be served as I only have 4 or 5 pieces, and for €17.50 this was not great, such a shame as was delicious! Appart from this the meal was excellent.
We all had deserts and my partners came with a rather impressive firework on it for her birthday that was a nice surprise, accompanied by 'happy Birthday to you' in Dutch playing through the speakers. Also the waiter took a picture of this and presented us with a photograph free of charge within minutes, this was a really nice touch.

The deserts were exquisite and delicious, and I especially enjoyed the Baileys cheese cake.

Overall our experience was excellent and I would definitely recommend this restaurant for a special occasion it was top class.

• Visited December 2012
Wokingham, Berkshire
“Superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

As a lead member of a work party of 20 people on our Xmas meal I was nervous about the restaurants ability to cater for such a large number. Within our group we had some fine dining gourmet experts to burger and chips merchants, well they managed to cater for all of our tastes and exceeded everyone's expectations with both the quality and presentation of the food and everyone left happy and their belles full.

Wales, Uk
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Had a gorgeous meal here with friends. We pre-booked a month before we came as it is always busy. We had an excellent meal and the staff were lovely to. Highly enjoyable.

Visited December 2012
“Best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

Best restaurant of Amsterdam for sure!! I don't understand why they are placed 4th right now. Zaza's should stay at 1st place!!