“Best meal on trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mashua

Mashua
Prinsengracht 703, Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Jordaan)
Website
Neighborhood: Jordaan
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Best meal on trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Just found it when walking by, the smells coming from the place were wonderful we had to go in. We had the mixed starter for two, which samples various dishes, and both our mains were delicious. Prices were good, and service was friendly, definitely give this one a try.

portland, or
“Cafe Peru- AMAZING ceviche!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We ate down the street at Cafe Peru, my son picked it out ("it looked good and it smelled really good") and had a fantastic surprise with the best meal of the Netherlands trip! The ceviche was wonderful, fresh, best I ever had. Also ordered the lamb over frites with rice and the chocolate cake. Really, really good. Great, non-touristy place off the beaten path.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great restaurant with an excellent cuisine!! Don't miss it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Great food!!
You shouldn't miss it. Correct prices. The service is good but the best is the food. Fusion based on the peruan cuisine. Very flavoured, tasty!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“A gem - Peruvian fusion with a health conscious spin.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We had initially planned to go to Mamouche, but last minute they cancelled our reservations. After a little research, we ended up at Mashua - and can I just say that I am so glad it turned out this way. What a great find! The restaurant itself is quite pretty and romantic, but trendy. Staff were very accommodating and friendly, having spent quite a bit of time chatting with us about a NYC branch of the restaurant (yay! can't wait to try it out). The food was awesome and very innovative. Portions were definitely overly generous. My mom had a quinoa risotto. I have to say that I would be a happy person if I could eat that once a week. It was incredibly creamy and tasty. really executed well. I had the short ribs with spinach. The short ribs were awesome - knife not required. The short ribs were high quality, tons of meat, not much fat and just pulled off the bone and melted in your mouth. The spinach....oh my gosh - I had no idea spinach could taste so amazing. It tasted like it had been smoked or grilled. I don't know it they used liquid smoke or what they did, but keep doing what you are doing because that was awesome. For dessert we shared a lemon tart - perfect ending to a meal. I can't wait to try their sister restaurant in NY.

• Visited April 2013
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Great evening out!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Wonderful service. Staff accommodated an issue with an item used on the fixed menu and came up with a wonderful quinoa risoto that was a delight. The two deserts we were served were lovely. Haven't had pisco sour in years, but was great! Definitely enjoyed our night out..

• Visited February 2013