“Tasty bite at HRC Amsterdam” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hard Rock Cafe

Hard Rock Cafe
Max Euweplein 57-61, 1017 MA Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Stadsdeel Zuid)
20 5237625
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #686 of 2,627 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: American, Bar, Coffee Shop, Hamburgers
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stadsdeel Zuid
Description: The Hard Rock Cafe and Amsterdam – they go so well together. Both are chilled, interesting places to meet and enjoy life. This Hard Rock Cafe shares a square with the Holland Casino and is a short skip from live-music venue Paradiso (who supplies the HRC with live music) and the City Theater. The three glass-fronted levels have lovely views over the Singelgracht ,so you can watch Amsterdam’s fleet of canal boats pass by your window as you enjoy the classic American diner cooking and the welcoming atmosphere. This is the usual, comforting Hard Rock interior: dark wood wainscotting, checkered tablecloths, and walls plastered with rock-god memorabilia from the likes of Eddie Van Halen, Jerry Garcia, Jimi Hendrix, Lenny Kravitz and Pink Floyd. For groups, the possibilities are practically endless: seat 20 in the canalside bar, 50 in the Legends Room, 80 on the Hard Rock Terrace, 90 in the Main Dining Room or 160 throughout the entire venue. The menu includes classic and brilliant nachos, burgers, an unforgettable pulled pork sandwich, serious entrees like steaks and barbecue and child-pleasing desserts like hot fudge brownie sundae. The drinks are big and more-ish. Don’t forget to buy the t-shirt to mark your day
Giv'atayim, Israel
“Tasty bite at HRC Amsterdam”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Being regular HRC guest in many locations so far, it was a bit strange to note I've actually never tried the Amsterdam branch, especially as I've been there once/twice a year over last 20 years !! maybe as I'm addicted to the meat experience of the Cafe De Klos on Kerkstraat 41.... so last March was a good opportunity to fix that issue, especially after an unusual bad experience in some other HRC branch left me a bit puzzled.... the place is on Max Euweplein square, right aside the Leideplain, the live entertainment area loaded with restaurants, cafe's & clubs, so even in 'full house' situation (as you'll unfortunately meet here & there at HRC locations...) there is decent 'plan B' option near by... If you like to enjoy the place & atmosphere, make a reservation upfront or arrive no later than 22:00 - the place is quite small & croudy, overlooking the canal - I was there 26/3, and by chance it was the first ! day they have renewed their menu so I was lucky to be among the first to take a bite, and what a bite it was.... delicious ! I was relaxed to learn that bad experience last year was indeed local failier only, and that A class steak was a real compensation (-: cheers to the stuff for best service & end alcoholic beverage sum up grate meal, will definately return (-:

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hi Zevik61,

Thank you so much for such an honest review!
We are glad to know that you were among the first ones to try our new menu and you have enjoyed it! Now we will be looking forward to serve you more often! And please accept our apologies for the bad experience in other HRC location!

Best wishes from all our team here in Amsterdam!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Herford, Germany
“Wouldn't go back :(”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Myself and my husband went here yesterday for lunch - we had to wait 30 mins for a table which was fine it didn't bother us that bit. However we ordered ( I had pulled pork on the bread bun and the hubby had the combo chicken and ribs) and when our food came the beans were cold, my pulled pork was cold and the husbands ribs were overcooked by quite abit. I didn't complain as I am always weary of what someone may do to my food before they return it to me.
We have been before and few years ago and had a lovely time but not this time :( Wouldn't go again.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Claire S, Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Vickiwinter,

I am very disappointed to read your email regarding your recent visit to the Amsterdam Cafe.
I must assure you that this is not the service level or experience, we try and create for our regular guests. Please except my sincere apologies on behalf of all the staff here in Amsterdam and let me assure you that we will review our staffing par levels to ensure we offer the service the guest deserves.
Thank you for taking the time to bring this to my attention.

Your sincerely,
Dale.
London, United Kingdom
“Always good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

After deceptions on other restaurants this felt so right! Its so good and the view to the canal is nice. In a very good location, recommendable

Hi Paula,

Thank you very much for such a nice review!
We hope that our team made your stay in Amsterdam better!
Best wishes and we are looking forward to see you in Amsterdam soon!
“lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

We shared the jumbo combo, was delicious. Our seat overlooked the canal and cocktails were fab. Great food, service and music

Hi Swilson1999,

Thank you for a nice review!
We hope you have enjoyed your stay in Amsterdam!
Do not hesitate to visit us soon again!
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Not up to Hard rock high standards”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I'm a hardcore hard rock Cafe goer and this branch just didn't tick any boxes for me. The bar felt like any old pub down a back street in London and the food wasn't amazing either. I must add that paying 5 euros for about half a pint of VERY local lager didn't cheer me up either.

Claire S, Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Bigal6660,

Please except my sincere apologies on behalf of all the staff here in Amsterdam. We strive to offer the best quality, scratch made recipes and we appreciate your feedback on the menu quality, pricing and value for money. I will share your perspective with the team and thank you for taking the time to bring this to my attention.
We have a full restaurant remodel which will be completed later towards the end of the year. We will have loads more space, an upgraded interior, new bars and a fully refreshed memorabilia display. Certainly an improvement on our present offering!
Please drop me a line if you plan on visiting again and I will make sure we look after you better next time!
Hope to see you back in the beautiful city of Amsterdam one day soon.
Yours sincerely,