“Cute & Cozy” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Stationsweg 92-94, 1815 CE Alkmaar, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Alkmaar
“Cute & Cozy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

Very cozy and nice hotel with a very friendly staff! It's close to downtown Alkmaar and right acrss from the train station, which comes in handy for checking out the surrounding villages. Bergen for instance is a nice town to visit, only 4 km from Alkmaar. Nice restaurant with a good menu and a very afordable day special. Will definately stay here again when I visit the area!

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

The Stad En Land Hotel in Alkmaar
My husband & I go to Holland each year as our son lives there, we have had friends stay at the Hotel & we have eaten there on several occasions.
The Manager has always looked after us & the food is excellent, also prices for the Hotel are very reasonable & the rooms in the Hotel are a good size & have lovely old Antiques in them, It is very well situated opposite the Alkmaar Railway Station & a 10 minute walk into the quaint Historical city of Alkmaar, it is also only 35mins by train into Amsterdam.
It is only a small local Hotel but very has friendly staff & management.
I can highly reccommend this really nice Hotel.

Room Tip: The room we saw was large & very clean.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Caernarfon, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

This hotel is located near the rail and bus station of Alkmaar. It is basically a bar / cafe with the rooms upstairs and the next house in the terrace used as a hotel.The upstairs Room 12 was an excellent huge room with four beds in it and en suite. A colleague was given one of the very small rooms in one of the terrace houses which was not good for the price. In the morning local people call in to the bar to have a coffee and read newspapers - this is also where there is a continental cold buffet breakfast. You can help yourself to eat as much as you like for breakfast. We had one evening meal also in this cafe and it was not bad. There are extremely narrow steep stairs to the upstairs - which are typical of most Dutch houses I have visited - impossible for old and disabled people. As a place to stay for business bed and breakfast it was OK near the station. But I would not call it a "hotel" in the normal meaning of the word. If you stay there get Room 12 upstairs - there were blinds to the windows but I have noticed that people in ordinary Dutch houses often do not draw their curtains at night and seem not to mind people looking into their rooms at night.

Room Tip: Room 12 is the very best room with four large beds in it - except for old or disabled people since i...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Norfolk
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

We have just arrived home from our 1 night stay in ths hotel to be honest I did not exspect too much but the offer on their website called Shopping stay for €54 pp includes Dutch apple tart on arrival 3 course evening meal & Bed/Breakfast with parking opposite for €6.50 after looking around at the other nearby hotels we thought this was a very good deal on our way there I was even looking forward to the Dutch apple tart ! My husband rang & spoke to a man to book he did not seem to know about the offer they advertised untill my husband had to explain with this all confirmed we then arrived the following day, we could not find the car park opposite so parked just near to the bus terminal (pay by the hour) when we checked in we asked what time the evening meal was to which the young man knew nothing about and said that the chef was off that day after talking to his boss he said they could cook us a Snitchzel each but not 3 courses. I explained about the offer we had booked with the Dutch apple pie on arrival ect and he jut shrugged his shoulders and said we could have the room for the standard €84 instead, as it was gone 6pm and we had spent the day driving we excepted this but once shown the room I wish we had re looked it was more of a staff bedroom at the back of a house with broken wardrobe door off no lock on the bathroom door single beds (which was not told to us when we booked) 1pillow each,no tea/coffee making facilities, rubber sheets on the beds which made us have a bad sleepless sweaty night. I wish now for €95 we had gone to The Golden Tulip, oh and the €6.50 car park is at the back of the train station of which you need to walk back under the tunnel of the train station. The only positive is the modern slim wall TV & breakfast is what we expected -continental & friendly lady serving.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Oisterwijk, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We checked in at 19 pm and went out directly. When we came back after midnight, the light in the bathroom did not work. I sat down on the bed and immediately the bed collapsed leaving the mattress on the floor. After reassembly I carefully sat down, but again the bed collapsed.
The cheap bed construction was poorly assembled and finally by shifting the construction a bit (and careful not to move to much at night) we managed to make it until morning without another collapse. The curtains were also quite poor, 10 hooks were missing on the left curtain.
The mattress was also cheap quality, with a rubber cover sheet. The TV set was quite good, so it was a strange balance in investments. For contrast, in the morning we enjoyed a good breakfast, and the staff from the hotel made the breakfast run smoothly.
The hotel is also not in the center of Alkmaar, but next to the railway station which is about 10 min walk to the center.

Room Tip: don't take room 8
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
falkirk
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

i travel to Alkmaar frequently, usually stay with my Aunt. However now she is in a nursing home I need to stay in a Hotel. I won't be staying in this one again. The room I had was tiny and cramped at the top of a flight of extremely steep stairs with a very tight turn into my room. I thought I was going to fall a couple of times, taking my luggage up was a nightmare. The room was very basic twin beds and a wardrobe, No dressing table or bedside table, had to use the spare bed for all my things. toilet and shower were tiny too, no towel rail or hairdrier. Towels were soft and clean though. The room was stifling hot even with the window and door open(the door wasn't meant to be opened.) The room was on view to all the neighbours and I had to keep the curtains shut for some privacy, there were not blinds or nets, the room was so small you couldn't avoid being in front of the window, There was no safety deposit box either.The week-end I was there the hotel lounge was shut Friday Saturday and Sunday nights. It was a holiday week-end and the hotel was fully booked, there were a lot of hotel guests milling about outside at night and couldn't believe the lounge was closed. Neither could I, there was no chance for a sit down and a chat to relax.
Good points are the staff are nice, the hotel lounge is lovely, The hotel is conveniently placed for transport links. All in all the room I was in was not wotrth the money. I don't know about the other rooms, But I think they need to up their game quite a bit before I would be back.

Room Tip: Don't know if there are any good rooms, Maybe if you get the one in the photo you'll be fine...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Cheshunt, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

Nice place, well situated in an excellant location close to all amenities. Staff were lovely and accommodating, breakfast was lovely and very traditional. Problem.. Got two double rooms,,, in the attic, which was yes up two flights of stairs (bare in mind we had two kids one a crawling baby, so we wern't really comfortable at all). Take the kids out the picture i will rate it higher.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Stad en Land? Share your experiences!