“Lovely Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Chariot

Save Saved
You added Hotel Chariot to your Saves list
Hotel Chariot
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Oosteinderweg 243 | 1432 AT Aalsmeer, Aalsmeer 1432, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Aalsmeer
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Lovely Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Made an overnight stop en-route to the Caribbean. This is a very nice pleasant Hotel in nice surroundings. Its not right on the airport and takes about 10 mins in the shuttle bus.
We had a Junior Suite which was very nice with huge double bed and couch that made a second bed. Lots of space in the room and tea / coffee machine and TV.
Big spacious bathroom.
I would stay again

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

132 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Willemstad, Curacao
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We arrived at 5 am after a tiring flight from Hong Kong. There was only a junior suite left which has a nice size. However the bathroom is very cold, the mirror condensates totally when showering, the towels are by far too small and thin. The WiFi does not work in the room use of the hotel computer is another disaster since it is so slow and not at all up to date. The breakfast is very nice.
Recommendable to friends? I don't think so.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Bath
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We had two rooms at this hotel. Both rooms were a decent size, had a bar fridge and enough hanging space. We did not notice any road noise or noise from downstairs restaurant. Beds were comfy.

You will need a car to get out here but it was easy to find and you park right outside the hotel. No charge for parking. We drove in to Amsterdam city for the usual tourist attractions and found it an easy drive. Parking in Amsterdam is quite another matter - not well signposted.

We had dinner twice in the restaurant and between 5 people tried a few items on the menu. Food was mostly average. Can absolutely not recommend the sea-food. The prawn dish was foul and smelt from ammonia. The restaurant itself was quite pleasant.

Breakfast was plentiful and fresh. Coffee was nice too and I am picky.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Auckland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Lovely character hotel. Our family of four stayed in the family room. The main bed was very large, and a separate double sofa for the kids. Amenities were good, and breakfast was varied and well replenished. We had dinner also at the hotel one night which was also good. The shuttle is good value, and we utilised this to take us into Aalsmeer and to Schiphol. It was great value compared to the overpriced taxi we took to the hotel.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Spoleto, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

The Chariot is a well priced hotel close to Schiphol airport and a great place to stay after a long flight. The Junior Suite we stayed in was clean, spacious and comfortable.There is a bar/pub with very good beer, wine and food selections. The bar and dining area are decorated in wood and warm colors that make it a comfortable to relax. There is a shuttle that departs every half hour to/from Schiphol Airport . The staff were friendly and helpful and made our stay enjoyable. While offering all modern amenities, the hotel exudes old world charm. I highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

The hotel has a restaurant and I was so pleased they concocted a nice salad for me for lunch. Delicious! Staff is friendly, knowledgeable. Quiet although on a fairly busy road and near the airport. They do offer shuttle service (for a price, not bad) to AMS and from there you can take the train into Central Station in Amsterdam. I guess about an hour total in transit.

Rooms very clean, nice bathroom (could use a little more light and a better mirror), good shower. Slept well, comfy bed. I was on the 3rd floor and facing the road but heard no noise. The transom windows open and also can be diffused or fully shaded.

Internet is free and pretty good coverage, even outside on the bar's patio.

My breakfast was included so it was satisfactory. Nothing extraordinary but filling and good.

Room Tip: As mentioned, I kinda liked the 3rd floor w/transom windows. Kinda cool.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I've stayed in this hotel twice already, the first time being the last 4 nights of December 2012 and the second during 3 nights of Easter 2013.

The first stay I booked a standard double room, and it had a surprisingly large bathroom, a large double bed and the regular hotel stuff - lots of fluffy towels, free shampoos/soap, sparkling clean glasses, a basket full of free teas and coffees, 1 litre water kettle, a mini fridge and so on and so forth. There were extra pillows and a duvet inside the cupboard. The room is carpeted and the bathroom is tiled; everything was pristine, neat and extremely clean. There was also a flat screen monitor, not too large, I'd wager it would be not more than 25 inches across. Since I booked for 4 nights, I was given a 20% discount across all 4 nights. This room was on the 2nd floor of the hotel, and there were large window-doors which I could open. Since this faced out onto the main road and restaurant across the street and downstairs in the hotel, I could hear chatter of diners quite late into the night, but overall, it was quiet. The room was also equipped with an extra external heater, which proved extremely handy during the frigid temperatures of December.

On my second stay here, I opted for a junior suite because for some obscure reason, the prices listed were actually cheaper than that of a standard double room. The room is not actually significantly larger than the standard double room, if anything, I'm not sure if there actually is a size difference. Overall, the room was the same with the exception that the bathtub was enclosed with a proper plastic door panel instead of shower curtains, the room lacked a full body mirror, there was an extra sofa-chair, the screen monitor was larger and the water kettle was 0.8l instead of 1l capacity. Also, being on the third floor, there weren't large window-doors, as the ceiling was slanted, but there was an easily operatable slanted window which allowed for quite a nice view out onto the neighboring 'The Beach' building on a sunny day.

On both occasions, I checked in very early - around 12:30pm and 10:00am respectively, while check in time is 2:00pm. The first time I was given my room keys straight away, while 10:00am was still during the time when the hotel staff were cleaning, the receptionist actually called to check how much longer the cleaning would take, and whether the other rooms of my type were done. Although none were ready, they were more than accommodating in taking my bag behind the desk to stow while I headed out. On the days when I wished not to be disturbed in my room, such that the hotel staff could not clean my room, they always left a bag full of fresh towels and soaps and a toilet roll on the handle of my door. This pleased and surprised me very much. I also requested for utensils and bowls from the restaurant downstairs, which is undoubtedly part of the hotel, and the waitresses there were more than happy to oblige.

While I have not sampled the breakfast buffet, I have on one occasion needed to use their airport shuttle bus service. I was charged 18 euros, but I could not determine whether it was that expensive because I had a friend with me, or they were unsure whether I had taken a round trip. Nevertheless, it was cheaper than calling for a taxi and buses were not operating till later in the day. The bus took about 10 minutes to return, operating under something called 'Park-fly.nl' service, and I had to wait another 5 minutes or so for some late comers who had called down to the hotel reception asking for the bus as well. The bus trip itself was extremely fast - 10 minutes in total.

The hotel itself is relatively well located. It takes about 5 to 10 minutes walking time to the bus stops, which only have bus number 172 (if I'm not wrong) going in either direction, but it takes you to the bus terminal of that area which will allow you to change to other buses. 10 minutes walking time will also bring you to a medium sized grocery store in which you can buy almost anything you need. There is the restaurant in the hotel itself, as well as the restaurant in 'The Beach' building, along with the grill restaurant across the street.

This hotel would be wonderful for a few days and if you're not looking to constantly be in the heart of Amsterdam, even though town center is relatively easy to get to thanks to the decent transportation system in Netherlands. I would say that the hotel is more expensive than what I would usually pay for, but the cleanliness, size, services and convenience makes the time and money well spent.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Chariot? Share your experiences!