“Poor and very basic. Would not stay again” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Benno

You added Hotel Benno to your Saves list
Hotel Benno
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Wilhelminaplein 9, 5611 Eindhoven, The Netherlands (Bergen)   |
Ranked #24 of 25 Hotels in Eindhoven
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Poor and very basic. Would not stay again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

The only good thing about hotel is that it is close to the city centre and train station and that is really where the good points stop. I stayed October 2013 and can safely say I would never stay again. Never any staff available if you require assistance if you need anything you have to go into the restaurant next door as that is where the staff are. I had no electricity in my room which took around 14hrs to be sorted as there was no staff around to tell them. The room was as basic as you could get. Wi-Fi was about the only thing that worked and that was when the electricity went back on. The light fittings in my room were hanging off the wall and bulbs blown. The hotel was overpriced and photos very deceiving.

Room Tip: If you prefer a bit of privacy ask for a room with your own toilet and shower as most rooms have sha...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Polish first
Padua, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Hotel Bienno is very close to the center and to the train station. It's strong points are indeed the position and the staff, which is open and friendly. Unluckily, there is no bathroom in the rooms (except for a little sink) and taking a shower is thus tricky. If you're on a tight budget, up for some compromises and need only to stay one or two nights, Hotel Benno is probably the best place in town.

• Stayed May 2013
Leicester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I stayed here in November 2012. My room was very small, i understood it had a shared bathroom but did not realise i would have to go down to the floor below to use the toilet in the middle of the night. I had a 2 night stay here and would not stay again. Definately overpriced. Breakfast was ok.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Vienna, Austria
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I visited Eindhoven on January 2013. I took a single room with shared bath and toilet at this hotel. The room was not well furnished. There was no chair/table. Wifi connection was simply terrible. It was almost impossible to check anything online. Also, I couldn't enter to the hotel after 12.00 midnight for 2 days of my stay. I needed to call and wait for someone to open the door. The card was not working. Also, room heater was not up to the mark.

Only staffs were friendly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Almost everything disappointed me about this hotel. I arrived around 4pm (16:00), to no one working for the hotel, just seemly the restaurant attached to it. After around 15 minutes, someone finally showed up, but offered no apology and was rude. He told me he couldn't find my reservation, and it wasn't until I pulled out my records that he said he found mine. I had light bulbs missing from my room(a tiny, but otherwise fine room), and even though I notified the hotel (same rude gentlemen) they did nothing about it. Even though they advertised free wifi it did not work unless I was in the lobby, three stories below my room. The shared bathroom door's lock was broken. As a solo female traveler this is extremely important to me. Check out was early, 10am, and I had to wait for anyone who works there to arrive to ask if I could leave my bags with them. Again, the same rude man was MIA and I waited an hour after I was told he would be there until I could collect my bags. Very displeased with my stay, and would not stay again. Trip advisor really lead me astray on this one.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Amsterdam, Paesi Bassi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

It's real hotel.We had a perfect room with balcony.three beds,the highest level of clean,but two negative things:wifi doesn't work,and WC is outside the room.All others things are perfect.And,sure, the location: Wilhemina square is centre of night life with two pubs,and two restaurants.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We checked in without reservation at this hotel in a twin room. It was 89 euros (breakfast incl) which was steep for what you got. All very basic, rooms warm though. Promised free wifi but signal only available in reception area. This was a downside. Great breakfast. Staff not particularly helpful, too busy dealing with the restaurant next door. Next door to a couple of bars.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Benno? Share your experiences!