“Would not stay again” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Benno

Save Saved
You added Hotel Benno to your Saves list
Hotel Benno
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Wilhelminaplein 9, 5611 Eindhoven, The Netherlands (Bergen)   |
Ranked #22 of 24 hotels in Eindhoven
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Would not stay again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I stayed here in November 2012. My room was very small, i understood it had a shared bathroom but did not realise i would have to go down to the floor below to use the toilet in the middle of the night. I had a 2 night stay here and would not stay again. Definately overpriced. Breakfast was ok.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

38 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Polish first
Vienna, Austria
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I visited Eindhoven on January 2013. I took a single room with shared bath and toilet at this hotel. The room was not well furnished. There was no chair/table. Wifi connection was simply terrible. It was almost impossible to check anything online. Also, I couldn't enter to the hotel after 12.00 midnight for 2 days of my stay. I needed to call and wait for someone to open the door. The card was not working. Also, room heater was not up to the mark.

Only staffs were friendly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Almost everything disappointed me about this hotel. I arrived around 4pm (16:00), to no one working for the hotel, just seemly the restaurant attached to it. After around 15 minutes, someone finally showed up, but offered no apology and was rude. He told me he couldn't find my reservation, and it wasn't until I pulled out my records that he said he found mine. I had light bulbs missing from my room(a tiny, but otherwise fine room), and even though I notified the hotel (same rude gentlemen) they did nothing about it. Even though they advertised free wifi it did not work unless I was in the lobby, three stories below my room. The shared bathroom door's lock was broken. As a solo female traveler this is extremely important to me. Check out was early, 10am, and I had to wait for anyone who works there to arrive to ask if I could leave my bags with them. Again, the same rude man was MIA and I waited an hour after I was told he would be there until I could collect my bags. Very displeased with my stay, and would not stay again. Trip advisor really lead me astray on this one.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Amsterdam, Paesi Bassi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

It's real hotel.We had a perfect room with balcony.three beds,the highest level of clean,but two negative things:wifi doesn't work,and WC is outside the room.All others things are perfect.And,sure, the location: Wilhemina square is centre of night life with two pubs,and two restaurants.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We checked in without reservation at this hotel in a twin room. It was 89 euros (breakfast incl) which was steep for what you got. All very basic, rooms warm though. Promised free wifi but signal only available in reception area. This was a downside. Great breakfast. Staff not particularly helpful, too busy dealing with the restaurant next door. Next door to a couple of bars.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
malaga
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

we stayed here two nights, staff was kind and professional, the location of this hotel is great really close to the center and to all public transport, its possible to park the car on the street( night for free) or in the car park nearby.
there is a restaurant inside so on a ugly rainy day it's not necessary to walk out.

Room Tip: don't get to drunk or wont be able to get up the stairs :P
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Stockholm, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Stayed there for one night during my trip in Holland, mainly for financial reasons. Had a single room and it's the closest thing to a jail cell where I have spent a night. Very small but clean. A bit noisy, a few pubs nearby at the townsquare, not a big problem for me. Toilet and shower are in separate rooms, clean and seems to have been renovated quite recently. Breakfast is served at the slick bar "The Prince" inside the hotel and was basic and good.

The location is really good, nearby the shopping streets and around 15 minutes walk to the train station.

One major problem was the free wifi-connection that only worked properly a few times when I connected my smartphone. Right now I'm stayin at a hostel in Utrecht and the wifi works smoothly from my room. If a basic hostel can have a good wifi, why can't a two star hotel manage that?

My overall feeling is that I paid 50 € and got cheap accomodation for my one day stay in Eindhoven. If I will return to Eindhoven one more time I would pay a few euros more for a better hotel.

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Hotel Benno? Share your experiences!